Chapter 3: Scotland

After the events of Panama, Nathan turned away from me. He never called and for a really long time I heard nothing from him. I was very worried, because I really wanted to help Nathan getting over Sam's death. But for some reason he stopped calling me.

I told admitted my feelings for Rafe we started dating. Our search for Avery's treasure continued in the Saint-Dismas Cathedral in Scotland. I really enjoyed being together with Rafe, until he ... changed. He started to become envious very fast. At first he tried to keep me close to him by threatening me with violonce. He soon realised that his plan wasn't acting as he planned to, so he forbid me to leave the house. That was last year. Since then I tried to escape very often, but was always captured by guards or even Rafe himself. He was very angry and began abusing me so I wouldn't dare to try escaping once more. I tried many times to get out of Scotland, but I always got caught and was eventually beaten up by Rafe. Last time, about a week ago, he even cut me with a knife, from my forehead to my cheek, right above my eye. He said no one would love a woman with a scar, except him. Nevertheless I tried to escape once more. This time from the balcony.

My back leaned against the balustrade. Rafe pointed his gun at me.

"Do not dare to go away. Don't you dare, Josephine!"

"Rafe, I was wrong, I loved you, but you changed."

"I did not change. This is, who I always was. I am the one you fell in love with. Just admit it."

"There is nothing to admit, Rafe. I don't love you any more. You can't lock me up in here forever."

I turned around, ready to jump into the ocean.

"Josephine Theodora Sullivan! Listen to me. I will kill every person, you love; every person, who loves you. Until there is no other man, you care about except me. I will kill all of them!!"

"You'll try.", I said and jumped into the ocean.

My plan was to meet my father on his boat, I contacted him a few days ago, so he would be there with his boat. I had to steal Rafe's mobile for that, because he didn't allow me to have one myself. Unfortunately it was winter. I immediately regretted my decision to only wear jeans and a sweater. Luckily my backpack was waterproof so the spare clothes wouldn't get wet. After my twenty feet jump into the ocean I swam towards my fathers' boat.

-------------------------------------------Nathan's point off view (yesterday)----------------------------------------

I was sitting on the couch watching TV, when I heard my phone ring.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Nathan, it's me, Sully."

"Ah, hi Sully. What's up?"

"I got a call from Jo."

"What did she say?", I carefully asked.

"She....uhm....needs our help. Apparently Rafe doesn't want to let her go, so she plans to escape. I should pick her up with my boat."

What? Rafe forbid her to leave?

I was perplexed. I mean, I knew that Rafe was controversial, but I didn't expect him to do this. I felt sorry for Jo. She really loved him. You could tell that from miles away, but that obviously changed.

"Nathan, you still there?

"Yeah sure....uhm."

"Well, I wanted to ask you to join me. I know you care about each other and depending on how she feels, you could talk to her. You know how bad I am at feelings and stuff ..."

"Of course, Sully, I am definitely coming. When do we start?"

"I'll pick you up tomorrow."

"See you then."

"Bye."

We ended the call and I sat in silence for about a minute.

I just got over her and convinced me, that she was happy with Rafe and that this was the best way, but now ... Well, I am definitely looking forward to see her again. I regretted not calling her after Sam's death. She could have needed me and besides I needed her too, but I was so upset and angry about myself, that I didn't dare to call her. But now I will finally see her again. I slightly smiled to myself.

Author's note: I'm very sorry for how I represented Rafe, but I kinda needed a Bad Guy for the story and in the game itself, I liked him, so he had to be more evil. I'm very sorry, If you liked Rafe, but in this story he will be in fact evil.

Thanks for reading and see you next week;)