1.4 - S.O.S Meeting

*unedited*

"Her name is -" He was about to say it but got cut off by his telephone ringing. He mouthed to me "one moment please" and I nodded in reply.

"Yes Lucy" he spoke in his husky tone and waited for her to speak then replied "Ok I'll be there in 10" keeping the receiver, he turned towards me with a apologetic look.

"I have to go. Meeting" he said.

I smiled and nodded in reply. I collected my bag and stood up to leave.

"We will continue when I come back home" he said with a heart warming smile. My heart melted seeing him smile after 3 months.

"I'll be waiting" I replied and fled from his cabin. I closed the door and rested my back on the door, allowing few tears to escape. I only know how difficult it was to control them from falling when my heart was continuously being squeezed with so much hurt and pain.

I wiped my tears and smiled telling myself that - his smile is worth all my pain. When I remembered the relief and brightness on his face all my pain instantly vanished.

I stood up straight and straightened my skirt and started making my way towards the elevators.

I need to remove all this emotions off my chest, not everything but atleast something So I removed my cell dialed my SOS number.

After few rings she answered.

"Cafe meeting" I said and hung up.

***

"I am sorry for being late, this fellow, here, takes time to get ready" Emily complained while scowling at her brother.

"Hey not my fault, my hair needs to look perfect" he fired back and plopped on the chair placed opposite me.

In every story there is always a girl best friend and a gay-guy best friend. So in my story to fill that part I present Emily and her brother - Jacob, Jake for short.

Once summer afternoon, mom and dad took my 4 year old self to a park in our town to play. They were actually having some work to get over with and my nanny was on a sick leave so they gave me my favourite strawberry ice-cream and told me to sit beneath a tree till they come back to take me. I was too innocent to understand where they were going so I just obeyed and sat on the trimmed grass and started devouring the creamy and yum-yum ice-cream. Suddenly a big football hit my hand and my ice-cream fell on the ground.

I stared at it with quivering lip and glistening eyes. The boys who were playing football took their ball and continued playing without sparing a glance on the damage they caused. I sat on the ground with legs spread and started crying softly. I was not for the one to cry loudly and attract attention - I hate attracting attention till now. An ice-cream came in front of my watery eyes. I followed the owner of the little hand holding the ice-cream and saw a cute little girl with brown hair tied in pigtails and bright green eyes starting back at me with a friendly smile. That smile was so contagious that my quivering lips turned up almost instantly.

We shared that strawberry ice-cream and almost all our likings were same except studying. While I love reading she loves applying make-up. From that day Emily and I were inseparable. Soon Emily's annoying little twin, Jacob joined our gang too. He is our total opposite. When we wished to listen to some Eminem, he wants to listen to Beyoncé. When we wished to listen Beyoncé he wants to listen to Eminem. Trust me when I say this, he is always a pain in our asses but he loves us to bits and that feeling is mutual.

Emily and Jacob were orphan. The park where we met were the only park near their orphanage. It was luck that Emily and Jake were in my school. When Uncle Arnold, my dad's childhood friend saw this twins he instantly fell in love with them and decided to adopt them. Uncle Arnold is basically my second father and aunt Miranda my second mother. Aunt Miranda cannot conceive a child and she's one of those women's who love children and children loves her. They had everything they could wish for except a baby to take care of but that soon changed when uncle Arnold's eyes laid on the twins. They never made them feel like they are adopted. They always treated the twins like their own and by appearance also it is difficult to make out the difference between them. Aunt Miranda is a brunette and Uncle have emerald green eyes. It is like the twins were made for uncle and aunt.

Jake snapped his fingers in front of my face which broke my day-dreaming.

"Earth to Al"

"Yeah yeah" I replied and took a sip of my coffee which I ordered while waiting for this goofus.

"So what is this SOS meeting for?" Em asked.

That was my cue to rant. I started telling my entire story, from the night of honeymoon till I closed his office door in the morning. The whole time I kept my eyes on my coffee cup, scared of seeing the pity, anger and disappointment in their eyes.

One thing that the twins hate of me is that I always keep others happiness before mine.

After my story-telling the booth in which we were sitting was extremely silent. The only noise was the hustle-bustle in the cafe and the bystanders passing by, outside the cafe. I closed my eyes and waited for the lecture that was bound to come but instead a soft hand covered my left followed by a rough hand covering my right.

I opened my eyes and saw Em and Jake holding my hand while looking at me with sadness, sadness for their bestfriend.

I smiled back sadly.

"I am sorry Al. We never had to say anything each other about our feelings. We always looked into each other's eyes and knew what he/she is feeling. Though it was difficult to understand your feelings but this time we didn't even attempt to look. We assumed you are happy because you finally married the man who was your first love. When you came to me and said you want a makeover I thought everything is fine but I never thought that maybe you are trying to change yourself so you can gain your husband's attention. I am sorry Al" Em was a crying mess by the end.

I wiped her tears "Its not your fault Em"

"I knew you would never be happy with him. I said many times to Em but she always reminded me that this is what you want so I had to be happy" Jake said while gripping the poor fork so tightly that his knuckles became white.

I sighed "Are you sure your going to do this?" He asked.

"I know what I signed up for and I am all in" I said with determination. Suddenly Jake started laughing. Em and I stared at him in confusion. For what seemed like hours his laughter finally died down. "Did he tell you who the girl is?" He said in between in laugh.

Emily's expression was like a bulb lit in her brain and it hardened. I looked at them in confusion. "He was about to say, but he got interrupted" I replied.

"Ask him tonight then lets see if you are willing to help" He continued laughing and got up from his seat and made his way towards the exit.

"Ask him Al" Emily last squeezed my hand and followed Jake. I sat there confused as always....

****

Its not a good chp I know... But understand my situation I am writing all this in a hurry so I am sorry for the errors.. I promise I will edit it soon... :)

Vote.. Comment... Share...