2.27 - The Baby

Playlist :
     Dear No One - Tori Kelly

Alison/Sapphire

     "Nate, just keep a watch on Raine and Ryker they can be naughty. You are the elder one, so I'm asking you this, can I?" I asked over the phone. "Yes, Saph! You can. Now can I go? Marie grandma is making noodles." He whined. "It's cooking noodles and yes, you may. I'll be back soon." I said. "Bye! Love you." He replied before a long beep was heard.

With a sigh, I disconnected the call. There was already a maid in their house to look after the kids but she was new so Ian suggested telling the maid to drop the kids back at our home so Marie can take care of them.

Soon after Emily announced that her water broke, I quickly called my driver to get the car while Jake just sat there, frozen in his place. It was funny to watch Emily digging her nails into Jake's arm to snap him out of his daze. Looking at her screaming in pain I wonder if I screamed that loud. Poor Caleb.

"Are they okay?" Ian asked as I walked back in the waiting room. "Yes! Marie is cooking noodles for them." I said with a smile. "No wonder they'll be occupied for the night." He said with a chuckle.

"She'll be okay." He assured me and kept his warm hand on mine. Oddly enough his touch calmed me down. I wouldn't have been worried so much if the doctor hasn't said that there are some complications in her delivery. We all were sitting in the waiting area with anticipation while Drake was in there with his wife. I looked towards my right to check up on Jake but he was fast asleep with his mouth wide open. I had the urge to shove a bitter gourd in his mouth but I restrained myself from doing so. "Ian? Did you find Mr.Brown?" I asked him. "Yes! He called us. He's gone to California for some work. He asked about you, a lot." He answered. I gave him a small smile at that. So Mr.Brown is fine! That's a relief. I looked at Ian and contemplated whether I should ask him about the photographs but I didn't, this is not the right place or the right moment. 

"Sapphire!" A familiar voice called my name from the entrance. My brown eyes met his warm dark ones and I didn't realize how much I missed him until that moment. I pulled my hand away from Ian's before running into his open arms. 

I inhaled the scent of his cologne to make sure he was actually here. "I missed you!" I mumbled against his chest. "I missed you too!" He replied with his chin resting on top of my head. I quickly pulled away and slapped his arm. "Is that why you didn't call me or even answered my calls?" I asked angrily. "I'm sorry, I was busy with business." He said and that's when I noticed the dark circles under his eyes. Raising my hand I cupped his cheek and brushed my thumb against them. "I told you to take care of yourself," I said in a low voice. "I'm sorry!" That's all he replied. 

"You say sorry a lot." Came Ian's voice from behind me. I retracted my hand from Caleb's cheek immediately like his skin burnt mine. I turned around to look at Ian sitting with his elbows on his knees and staring at the tiled floor with a clenched jaw. "That's none of your business," Caleb shot back.

"Stop it! both of you" I scolded them before taking Caleb's hand and pulling him to sit beside me. "How is work?" Ian asked after few silent seconds passed between us. "Almost done," answered Caleb, monotonously.

"Sapphire!" Caleb called. "Yes?" I asked and looked at him. He was now staring at me with a hard look on his face. "Where do you stay?" He asked. My heart stopped at that moment. I completely forgot that Caleb has no idea about the events that took place in my life after he went to New York. At that moment I remembered that Ian mentioned once that instead of Mr.Brown, Jacob is gone to New York with Caleb. If Jake was here then definitely Caleb would be here.

Why won't my stupid brain work a little faster? I know he's not going to like the answer but I have to tell him. As I sat there, still contemplating whether or not to tell him the truth, the doors to the waiting room opened and in walked the doctor. "The delivery was successful by the grace of God! She had a baby boy. You guys can go in now." He said with a warm smile. I mentally thanked the doctor for saving me from thos situation. "Caleb, can you wake Jake and get him?" I asked as I mimicked Ian's action and got up from my seat. Caleb looked at Jake and then back at me. He slowly nodded his head, earning a smile from me. Ian took my hand in his and began pulling me towards the room Emily was in.