2.20 - The Note

Playlist :
     Before After - Essx Station

Alison/Sapphire

     I waved at the retreating cab with my colleagues in it, who waved back at me. With a sigh I walked inside the gates of my new home. The corner of my lips tucked upwards when I saw Marie playing with the kids in the garden. She had a satin cloth wrapped around her eyes while she chased the kids who were giggling and running around. "Mommy!" Ryker yelled when he saw me and came running in my open arms. Raine and Nathan following him behind.

Ian and I had a talk in the car when he was driving me to work and we settled on either one of us to be with Nathan at all times. He was doubtful to even let Marie near him, can't blame him though. After I assured him that his doubts are a load of bullcrap he relaxed and phoned Marie to be with Nathan and the twins at all times. He even made a decision to move Nathan in the twins room and instructed Marie to move in a single bed on the adjacent side of Ryker's bed who was more then happy to share his side of the room. Surely nobody's going to harm Nathan when he is with the twins and their room is opposite mine and beside Ian's so even if anyone tries anything, we'll know it.

Now since we made all the arrangements to keep Nathan safe, our attention is going to be shifted on finding out who is the person abusing him. At first I had a doubt on Ashley and I was relieved to know that Ian thought so too until he realised that Ashley has spent the least amount of time with Nathan and mostly avoided being with him but still, she remains on the top of our suspected person's list, honestly she's the only person in that list.

"You are back early." Marie chided walking behind us inside the house. "Yes! The rush was less today and the evening chef came in early." I replied and poured myself a glass of water as the kids ran in their room to do their homework. "I'll be right there!" I yelled behind them. I got a series of 'okay' before the sound of their tiny feets running around vanished.

"Tired?" Maried asked placing a cup of coffee in front of me. "Not really, just a headache." I replied and sipped on it. "Why don't you go to the doctor honey? It's been constantly there." She said and looked at me with concern. I offered a small smile "The doctor says its nothing to worry about and writes down some pills and give me. Its same procedure I go every time so I'll that be." I chuckled.

As Marie was about to say something a loud thump noise sounded, making us turn our heads towards the direction of our door to find a girl on the floor with her dark hair covering her face while she moaned in pain. "Lilly!" Marie rushed towards the girl to help her up.

"How did you slip?" She asked looking for any injuries, when she found none Marie looked sternly at Lilly to find her grinning at her mischievously. "Ouch?" Lilly offered in a mocking tone. Marie rolled her eyes and slapped her shoulder.

"Calm down oldie! I'm fine!" She said and turned Marie around by her shoulders and began pushing her towards the direction where I was sitting, that's when her green eyes landed on mine.

"Hey!" She exclaimed gleefully and rushed to hug me. I awkwardly patted her back and mumbled back a 'Hi'. As she pulled away Marie glared at her warningly. A frown of confusion married my face and I looked between the old woman and the young one.

"Oh! How silly of me?" Marie slapped her forehead and shook her head at herself. "Sapphire! This is Lilly, my granddaughter. Lilly, Sapphire!" Was it just me or Marie seemed to stress on my name a little more then necessary? Lilly's eyes widened a little but she laughed to cover it up. "Hi Sapphire! Sorry about earlier. I'm a really friendly person." She said with a apologetic grin. I just brushed her off with a smile "It's okay."

"Staying for dinner?" I asked as I finished my coffee. "As much I'll love to stay I couldn't. A unexpected project has come my way and I need to get rid of quickly." She said and bit on an apple. "Maybe next time." She added. "What project? Maybe I can help." I said. Marie mentioned to me earlier that Lilly is in Chicago studying Hotel Management trying to be a chef. Atleast I know a thing or two. Sheoked at me then smiled with a shake of a head. "As much I'll love your help, I need to get done with it on my own." She replied and quickly started walking towards the door.