2.7 - The Dinner

I turned around to see a raven beauty with piercing blue eyes. She was curvy but she looked beautiful than a skinny person. The girl was dressed in glimmering black, skin-tight, short dress. My smile flattered when I saw her looking at me up and down with shock and disgust. What did I even do to her?

"So it is true, you really are back," she said while continuing to look at me with that same look.

I frowned in confusion "I... never left?" I answered but it came out more like a question. What did she mean by I'm back? I don't know any of them, to begin with. Ian and Mr.Brown looked at me with wide eyes but a proud smile and then at a red faced, scowling.... Oh! Yeah, I don't know her name.

"I still didn't get your name" words left my mouth before I can stop them. Honestly, I had no intentions of addressing her as Mrs because for some reason she gives me bad vibes.

"It's Ashley... Cullen" She said.

Is it just me or she stressed on Cullen more than necessary. "Ashley" I repeated but she stopped me. "It's Mrs.Cullen for you," she said arrogantly. Ian clenched his jaw but didn't say anything. From everyone's composure, I was sure nobody liked her.

"I'll prefer Ashley because I don't see any reason for me to treat you with respect" I answered with a smile. I turned around and walked further inside. I heard low snickers from behind me and then boots falling on the tiled floor. Caleb came beside me with a smile. I smiled back at him. Suddenly I bumped into someone. I looked down to find the same boy from the cafe.

"Nathan!" I smiled and crouched on my knees in front of him.

"Saph!" He smiled at me.

"Oh! So we're now on nickname basis, huh? " I smiled teasingly. He grinned at me, he looked more adorable as his front two teeth were missing. "I can't prono..." He frowned when he couldn't get the words out. "Pronounce?" I offered. He smiled and nodded furiously.

"That that, I can't prounce your name," he said with an innocent smile. I smiled just the same way when Raine and Ryker pronounce the big words wrong. "You can call me Saph" I replied.

His eyes shifted to Caleb beside me. "This is Caleb, my friend," I said. Caleb crouched down beside me with a pout. "Only a friend?" My heart pounded when he said that. I looked at him with surprise. He chuckled at my look "I thought we were best friends" he clarified. I sighed and nodded. "Yes, best friend," I said while looking at Nathan who was busy looking at something behind me with a look of fear. I turned around and saw Ashley glaring at Nathan.

"It's my bedtime. Goodnight" he said to me and ran away. I was about to call for him but he ran faster than his short legs could take him. Caleb helped me up and I looked at Ashley who was looking at me while Ian and Mr.Brown talked to her furiously but seems like she wasn't listening.

I've never hated someone in just a few minutes after I met them but they say there's a first time for everything and Ashley is the first person.

Then I remembered the red bruises under Nathan's sleeves the day I met him in the cafe. Does Ashley torture him? If she does I will personally rip out her hands.

"She's not going to disappear even if you continue to glare at her" Caleb whispered in my ear making me slightly jump. "I wish she could" I mumbled and pulled a smile on my face as Ian and Mr.Brown walked towards us. "I'm sorry about that" Mr.Brown apologized.

"No need to," I said but my stomach chose to grumble at that moment. I blushed all shades of red while all the three men chuckled. "Seems like someone is hungry" Ian teased. If it was possible I blushed more. "Let's not tease the young lady" Mr.Brown scolded sternly but a teasing glint in his brown eyes. "Marie, please set the dining table" Ian yelled.