2.14 - Goodbye Dinner

Playlist:
Stay - Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko

Alison/Sapphire

"Kids!" I yelled in horror watching the two pulling each others hair. "Leave him" I said through clenched teeth while trying to pull Raine away from Ryker before she could claw his eyes out. I sighed heavily when Raine was finally in my arms, away from Ryker. "What happened?" I asked giving both of them a stern look. "He ate my ice-cream" Raine whined and went to attack Ryker again. I held her back and looked at Ryker "It didn't have her name on it." He defended.

"And I bet it didn't have yours either" I said and narrowed my eyes at him. "Go to your room Ryker and do your homework and young lady, you'll do your homework in mommy's room. Okay?" I asked looking at my daughter. She nodded her head and ran towards her room. I shook my head at the kids who were pushing each other to get in first.

What am I going to do with them?

I walked back to the kitchen, going back to cutting the vegetables necessary for chicken noodles. I was having one of those lazy moments today so I decided to make chicken noodles for dinner.

My thoughts ran back to yesterday evening when Ian came to pick Nathan. I was determined to talk to him about Nathan but soon Caleb came and Ian left immediately. I don't what's wrong between them but they are acting worse then the kids. I need to find some way to talk to Ian because this is a thing I can't keep for later. Who knows what might happen?

My phone rang from the living room where I left it for charging. I kept my knife down and wiped my hands on the kitchen cloth before walking in the living room and picking up my phone from the table. I detached the charging cord and swiped my finger over the answer button.

"Hey Judy!" I greeted with a little apologetic tone in my voice. From past few days I have been neglecting the cafe and the whole responsibility was on Judy's shoulder. I really feel bad for doing that.

"I know that voice. It's okay Saph! You can stay home as long as you need. I am here" she said. "I know but still. I'll be there tomorrow." I said and sat on the couch. "No worries, it's your cafe you can come here anytime. Anyways, I called to tell you that I can't find the recipe for your coffee nutella cupcakes." She said. I always write the recipe down whenever I made something new but when I made this one I forgot to do so.

"I actually forgot to do that" I said and rubbed my forehead. Judy sighed on the other line. "I'll try to think about it and send it to you soon" I added. "Okay" Judy replied and disconnected the call after saying a 'bye'.

"Looks like I've got some work to do" I mumbled to myself and went back to the kitchen. I quickly made the noodles and called the kids to have lunch. By the time lunch ended they were back to being best friends and ran in the living room to watch cartoons.

I quickly did the dishes, kept the leftovers in the refrigerator and started making the cupcakes. I can't just write down the recipe without actually trying it. What if I miss a step or measure the ingredient wrong. People will never ask for that cupcake and personally I like it. Because it's nutella!

I made the batter with coffee powder and other necessary ingredients and poured it in the mold. I kept the tray in the pre-heated oven and began preparing the nutella filling. I emptied the entire jar of nutella and added some melted chocolate to make it a bit thin. Once satisfied with its consistency, I poured it in the piping back. The cupcakes were ready. I removed it out with mittens and let it cool a little. I cut the edge of the piping bag and shoved it in the middle of the cupcake and filled it with the mixture.

As I was removing the cupcakes from the mold, the main door opened and Caleb entered with his tie loosened around his neck and blazer folded on his arm. "Hey!" I said and started dusting icing sugar on top of the cupcakes.