2.4 - His Blue Eyes

***

***

"Get in" Caleb said in an annoyed tone and picked Raine up and buckled her up in the backseat and I did the same with Ryker. I settled myself in the passenger seat and buckled up. Caleb was riding a little faster then usual. He always drove the car around a speed of 40 when we have kids with us and now he was driving on 60.

"Caleb, slow down" I mumbled and kept my hand over his. He looked at me and stared at me for a few moments. Though I was looking at him my half attention was on the road. I have no plans of getting into another accident or led my kids in one.

Caleb looked away from me and back at the road after sharing a look at the backseat where Ryker was looking out of his side of the window with an angry pout and Raine was looking out of hers with dark red cheeks and flowing pink nose. Some tear stains still rested on her cheeks as she continued to sniffle. I sighed heavily. Caleb slowed down anyway.

Second day of the school and I'm called in the school, not to forget Caleb too for a complaint by the principal on how Ryker hit a guy and my daughter ends up crying for a reason unknown to me.

Soon we reached home. On the way Raine fell asleep. So Caleb was carrying her in his arms while I was holding Ryker's hand who was stealing glances at Raine's sleeping form. We gently tucked Raine in her bed and made Ryker sit on the couch outside.

Caleb was still mad and he wouldn't help at all if I want to ask Ryker what was the matter. I looked at him and he clearly understood what I wanted to say. He took his coat and walked out of the door. I should've been worried but there was nothing to do so because I know he will come back.

With a silent sigh I sat on my knees in front of Ryker who was looking at the ground like it was the most fascinating thing in the world. I held his small hands in mine and kissed them.

"Wanna tell me what happened?" I asked as calmly as possible.

"The prince did" he mumbled and sniffed.

"Prince?" I frowned in confusion and then it stricked me, making me chuckle "That's principal, baby" I said and wiped the dust from his nose.

"And I want to hear it from you. The truth and the whole story" I added.

"Sean was talking to Raine and he gave her a flower" Ryker said and his ears turned red from anger. "And that's not good because?" I asked, still calmly. Ryker looked at me "He is not a good guy and I don't want any boy to come closer to Raine" he said and looked away.

"So you go and beat that guy up?" I asked. He didn't answer though. "Ryker. Baby. It's good that you are protective over your sister, but you can't control her life. She has the right to make friends. She has the right to talk to boys, accept flowers. She also has the right to get hurt and fall. You are too young to understand all this but she doesn't need you to protect her from getting hurt. She needs you to hold her when she gets hurt. When you'll grow you'll understand me" I kissed his hair. "But right now young man you are going to make your sister smile and make sure you don't beat anyone up ever again. Okay?" He nodded his little head and I smiled at him.