2.1 - Her New Life

*Sapphire's POV*

Family.

The word itself gives us a sense of comfort. We know someone's out there who cares for you, loves you and will do anything to keep
you protected. I don't know if I had that kind of love in my past. Someone to relay on, someone to be called as a family but now I do. I have a small and a happy family.

"Morning Saph" Caleb's voice reached my ears.

"In here" I shouted from the kitchen where I was busy making pancakes. "Morning to you too" I greeted him with a smile. He came near me and kissed my cheek keeping the groceries, I told him to buy on the way, on the counter.

Now don't get us wrong we are just friends actually best friends but recently feelings have changed for him towards me and I too honestly started to grow a liking towards him not because he is the only man friend but he was there when I needed someone by my side and every woman looks for a man like that.

"Sapphire?" Caleb said snapping his fingers in front of me. I looked at him confused. "Yes?" He rolled his eyes before replying "You zoned out, again" he glared at me playfully. I laughed and shook my head slightly. "Can you go wake them up? It's almost time for their school."

"You are more nervous then them" he said amusedly as he removed his blazer and kept it on the couch.

"How can't I be? What if people bully them? Or worse what if Raine have an asthma attack and fail to find her pump on time" I was scared for my kids. Caleb cupped my cheeks making me look into his eyes.

"Nothing's gonna happen to them" he said with determination. I searched his eyes for any hint of doubt but I found none. Maybe I should trust my children and Caleb. I nodded at him.

"I'll go wake them up" he said and walked towards their room. I sighed and went back to cooking. After 30 minutes my bundles of joy came running out of their rooms fully dressed and ready for their first day of school.

"Mommy" Raine and Ryker came running and hugged my legs. I laughed and crouched down and hugged them closer to me.

"Good morning munchkins" I tapped their nose and they cutely scrunched up their faces. They inherited my looks except for their blue eyes. I wonder did my fiancee or ex-husband had blue eyes?

Caleb told me that when we first met he saw a ring on my finger but he didn't know whether I was married or engaged. I always had blurred images of some man with blue eyes but other than that I can't seem to hear or clearly see what the dream is about.

"Mommy" Ryker tucked on my apron breaking my train of thoughts. "Yes, baby?" I asked with a smile. "Me hungry" he whined.

"It's 'I am hungry' idiot" Raine commented as Caleb picked her up and placed her on her seat. Ryker turned around and glared at his sister sticking his tongue out. "Now Raine is that the way to talk?" I scolded her and glared at Caleb for cussing in front of them. He just shrugged at my glare. "Sorry mommy" she looked down with a pout. Ryker turned towards me with an angry frown for making his sister sad. I really can't understand their relation sometimes. They fight like they can kill each other any moment and almost kills the person with their icy glare if you make either one of them sad.

"Let's have breakfast" Caleb broke in with excitement and sat beside Raine tickling her making her laugh. Ryker stood beside the chair and huffed since it was tall for him to reach. I chuckled and picked him up placing him on the chair and kissed his hair as he smiled at me. I placed the pancakes in front of them and started eating.

This is what I was talking about. My small and happy family.

Caleb fed Raine while I fed Ryker as we know that they will feed their clothes and faces more then themselves.