2.23 - Treasure Hunt [ II ]

Playlist :
     Trouble in Paradise - Tele Novella.

Alison/Sapphire

You are a savior. You saved your daughter's life, I mean the doll's.
Anyway! Congratulations, you're halfway through.
Your next riddle is,
Do you believe in magic?
If you do, You shall see a trick.

I sat down with a huff and held my head in my hands. Once the world stopped spinning around me I blowed out my cheeks in exhaustion. I know if I don't eat or even drink anything soon, I'll faint, but I can't even think about my diet until I see my daughter safe, in flesh. I also can't let myself go unconscious in middle of the carnival and wake up to realise it's past eight. To continue finding Raine, I need energy.

Grudgingly I walked towards the nearest food stall and bought myself a hot dog and a bottle of water. I found a sitting place under the shade of a huge tree and began eating as quick as possible without choking myself. After I gulped the last bite, I drank some water and splashed some of it on my face. A shudder ran down my spine when the cold water connected to my sensitive skin but I sighed when I felt my muscles relaxing.

Standing up straight, I wiped my face off with my handkerchief while dumping the empty bottle in a garbage bin. I checked the time on my wrist watch and almost groaned at it. It was half past five by now. Quickly I removed the chit from my pocket and began reading it again and again.

Do you believe in magic?
If you do, you shall see a trick.

What kind of a riddle is that? I shut my eyes tightly and took some deep breaths to calm myself down so I can concentrate. As I sat there thinking about the answer, my phone buzzed in my pocket. I was torn between feeling happy or sad as I read the name of the person calling me.

Answering it I almost sighed when I heard his voice. "Ian!" I answered.

"Where are you?" He asked, although his voice was calm I could detect the worry hiding in them.

"I'm at the carnival." I replied.

"Ryker told me that you went to pick Raine early noon and you're still not back. Is everything alright?" He asked. I wanted to tell him so badly but decided against it. I don't want to take any risk. "Yes, I'm fine. We are just having some girls time." I said. He was silent for few moments before exhaling loudly and replying "Come home soon."

I hummed in reply. "Ian?" I couldn't help myself from calling out his name. "Yes?" He replied almost immediately. I shut my eyes and shook my head. No! I can't tell him, atleast not now.

"Do you want something from here?" I asked instead so that he won't think that something is wrong with me. "No! Just come back home safely." He said. I almost smiled at that. I will definitely come back home safely and so will my daughter.

"Yes! I will." I replied. I was about to say a goodbye but Ian stopped me by asking something that made my heart beat so fast that it made me wonder it can pop out of my chest anytime. "Where is Raine?" Ian repeated when I didn't answer for sometime. I cleared my throat before answering. "She's with Sophia. They are buying some toys."

"Oh! Okay. Take care" he said and with one last goodbye we disconnected the call. I didn't realised I was crying until I felt a ticklish sensation, when the teardrop rolled down my cheek. I quickly wiped it and resumed thinking about the riddle.

I continued to think while my feet dragged me around the carnival, I heard a feminine voice cracking because of static disturbance.

You can enjoy food, games, the magic show and some interesting prizes. All you have to do is listen to the song that's going be played now and text us the name of the actress in the video of the song to 850-850..