tatu

CHIVARAIDZO |
AMUSEMENT

AMINA SLOWLY looked up upon coming to the realization that silence engulfed the whole classroom.

Her eyes shifted from one peer to the other, all subtly tilting their heads forward to their teacher until the girl's close companion whispered, "Attendance, Amina."

"Miss Zachary?" the man asked, slowly becoming tired of the constant routine that occurred every math lesson since he had begun taking over the class.

Amina turned around quickly, her neck very near close to snapping due to the speed she tried to use in an attempt to hide her embarrassment for being caught off guard.

"Yes, daddy?" she paused. Shit, what did she just say? "—I mean, sir! I mean, sir! Oh my God," Amina choked, her green eyes opened as wide as her mouth as she clamped her fingers firmly over the source of the voice that lead words to betray her so greatly.

It was Amina's best friend who broke first.

His laughter rose from deep within his chest and boomed around the room, eventually hitting every student contagiously and causing an uproar to happen before their teacher's eyes.

Mr Im looked down to his attendance sheet and smirked in pure amusement to himself as he lazily finished off the register by putting a stroke next to the flustered senior's name. How cute.

The boys that surrounded her had fun speculating if she 'got down like that' and the girls were smacking the back of the boys' heads, secretly thinking why on earth the submissive approach didn't occur to them as a good idea too.

Meanwhile, Amina, being Amina, slowly sunk into her seat, thanking God her tone was not compatible with deep blushing but the embarrassment radiated off her tawny skin in small dots of sweat nevertheless.

Mr Im put the clipboard down and sat on the edge of his unorganized working surface. "Class," he crossed his arms and every student forcefully halted their chorus of joy to look back up to their lenient but feared teacher.

"I'm sorry," Amina mumbled through her fingers and the older man took his eyes from the rowdy class to the girl, nodding once.

"Miss Zachary, please stay behind after," Mr Im spoke briefly, not taking a second glance at the girl in such a flustered state, walking back around his desk to pick up a marker. "We're revisiting the great topic of pythagoras because Mrs Hill told me that some of you play stupid and associate it with the actual dessert: pie. So let's get started, we have a long way to go."

A few quiet snickers were picked up and he turned. "Yes, you, Mr Wang, I'm talking about you."

"Sir, that's not very teacher-like. Calling a child stupid isn't smiled upon by the school, I'm assuming," Jackson leaned on his desk, gripping onto the embarrassed girl's chair like he always did.

"Well, I'm not a normal teacher, Jackson."

"You're telling me," Amina muttered under her breath, causing Jackson to chuckle and pat her back in slight pity.

"If I put on quiet music for you guys while you work, then will you let me do my job?" he sighed upon hearing another word about to leave his top contributor's mouth.

"Pleasure doing business with you, Mr Im," Jackson grinned.