makumi mashanu nesere

MHANZA |
LUCK

"J—Mr Im," Amina corrected herself quickly and turned her body upon the uncomfortable wine seats to face the agitated man. "Are you not going to stay for graduation at least? It is just around the corner."

"That would not be necessary, Miss Zachary. I've already found another job that is better for me because it's nearer my family."

"Family? As in parents?" Amina asked, feeling her heart begin to pound and her throat begin to get dry.

"Yes," he nodded, turning so he wouldn't catch eyes with the confused girl as he faced the principal with a neutral face. "And my child."

Amina furrowed her eyebrows and looked at him the way she'd look at some gum stuck to the bottom of her shoe. Not at the fact he had a child but at the fact he avoided her eyes when confessing to her.

"So... You're not going to miss this place? Or the people here?"

"Why would I?" he deadpanned and the young girl felt her racing heart lurch to a stop. As if dead.

Was that her heart breaking?

Amina couldn't describe the feeling quite clearly but all she knew was that there was a physical ache in her chest. Her heartstrings were being toyed with and she didn't appreciate the violent feeling.

When was she ever going to hear about this child of his? Was he even going to tell her at some point?

"Yeah, sir," Amina nodded and stood. "He seems to want it; just let him go."

"Thank you." Jaebum said and looked back to the principal.

"Well, then," Mr Asher chirruped, sliding some cards to Jaebum from the staff. "We all wish you good luck, Mr Im."

Amina pulled open the office door and muttered. "He's going to fucking need it."