makumi mana

KURASISA |
BETRAYAL

"JACKSON? WHAT'RE you doing here?" Amina placed her bag on the floor by her feet and walked into the living room that held her best friend, her sister and her brother. "Is this some sort of intervention?"

Their serious eyes cut off her awkward chuckling and she quietly sunk into the seat next to her brother.

Aminé turned to her and held her palms, tugging her in sharply for a hug. "I'm sorry, I wasn't here for you when this happened, sis."

Her neck wriggled about until she could see atop his kinky hair. "What do you mean?"

"I told them about Mr Im, Mina," Jackson said quietly, avoiding the girl's confused gaze.

"Told them what?" she responded carefully.

"What you told me on Saturday."

Amina was about to counter the fact with a fabricated lie but Amira spoke over her.

"It's okay, Mina, we've already called the authorities about this."

Amina stood abruptly and picked up her bag.

Jackson's palm wrapped around her wrist and tugged her back. "Amina, I'm sorry."

She ignored his apology and she shook off the grip of the boy she never knew could betray her so badly.

She couldn't get rid of the white noise that violently rang throughout her head and prevented her from making the right decisions. Her thoughts were all screaming to her in various ways she couldn't decipher. The array of emotions that tagged along to each logical path she considered taking prevented her from thinking straight.

What would she even do once she met with Jaebum again?

Would she dare to run away? What about her family? Would she be able to just leave them like they weren't people she held to closely to her heart?

Despite being completely lost, all Amina knew was that she had to get to Jaebum before anyone else could.