makumi mana nembiri

DZOKA |
RETURN

THE NEXT day at school, Amina avoided Jackson for the whole day. She would queue up at a different line in the cafeteria, go to the library during her free lesson instead of sitting at the outside table like the two usually did and she'd take the longer route to their classes that were situated in the same hallways.

Amina didn't mind the extra few steps though. It gave the girl time to think.

The night she spoke to Jackson felt so real and now that she was aware that it didn't happen (she woke up the morning after and neither Amira or Aminé spoke to her strangely nor looked at her strangely) she was over the moon but still pissed off at real-life Jackson for what dream Jackson did. It was slightly petty but by distancing herself from him, she lessened the chance of her accidentally swinging at him on impulse.

Which wouldn't be very nice considering he had no knowledge of the drama and turmoil that she had experienced in her dreams.

She went through the opened door and discreetly nodded to Jaebum as she slid into her desk in front of him.

"Miss Zachary, please close the door behind you," Jaebum tilted his head to the door left ajar and Amina stood once again to shut the door.

As she gripped the handle and pushed the door, she paused upon the realization that it wouldn't move any further and that there was a crack left in the door.

Amina glanced down to see the problem, thinking it was simply the doorstop, but raised an eyebrow at the unusual sight of a shoe.

Jackson's shoe, to be exact.

Jackson popped his head in. "Sir, I'm rejoining your class," the boy smiled, smirking at his friend as he brushed past her and took his previously assigned seat.

"Mr Wang, please return to your designated classroom," Mr Im sighed, looking to Amina whose face wore a look of worry as she confusedly shrugged and sat back down slowly.

Jackson's elbows rested on the table and he linked his fingers, tilting his head innocently. "If you have any concerns, teacher, we could kindly go the head's office and try and sort one of the many problems you have on your hands out. Or I could stay. Which would you prefer, Mr Im?" Jackson taunted, mocking the way Jaebum spoke to him when he first made Jackson move classes.

Jaebum gave the cheerful student a glare and didn't dare glance to Amina in fear of drawing attention to her. "Welcome back, Mr Wang," he said through gritted teeth.

"Feels good to be back, Mr I."