makumi mana nenhatu

NOKUTSIVA |
RECOMPENSE

"YOU'RE GOING to have to talk to me some day, Mina," Jackson sighed, his feet matching her fast pace so he didn't lose site of his best friend.

Amina drew the strings of Jaebum's hoodie and speed walked down the pavement until she could see her house, sitting in the curve of the cul de sac.

The younger boy pulled her arm until she stopped moving (which was a good ten steps after) and gingerly held her wrists.

He looked down and suddenly snickered.

"What is it?" Amina ripped her palms from his clutch and stuffed them in her pockets. What was his deal?

"I've never noticed but your wrists are so small that I can wrap my fingers around them and my index and thumb have room to overlap," Jackson smiled lopsidedly. "It's cute."

Amina rolled her eyes and adjusted the strap of her bag. "Is this all? Okay, bye."

"Amina, come on," Jackson held her by the elbows this time. He grinned when she stopped and frowned at him. "Why're you so upset?"

"It's not funny!" she swung her arm and hit his shoulder forcefully. "You can't just threaten to put my boyfriend in jail and expect me to be okay with it!"

"Sorry but you're catching feelings because of our teacher." Jackson chuckled. "It's hard to like him. And you at the moment. Jesus, you're annoying."

"Did you just grab me to insult me because you're doing a great job at it."

"Oh, shut up, you know I love you really," Jackson threw his arm over Amina's shoulder, ruffling her messy hair. "I was just going to ask you to come help me find something to wear for my date but if you want me to go..."

"You're going on a date with Mark?" Amina cried, suddenly able to put her anger to one side. This was Jackson's first date since the sixth grade. It was sort of important.

"Yes," he clamped his fingers over her smiling lips. "But stop—"

"Oh my God, let's go!" she grabbed his arm with both her hands and hauled him into his own home.

-

I like Markson as you can see lmao