pfumbamwe

DZEVAKAWANDA|CAPTIVATING

DZEVAKAWANDA|
CAPTIVATING

AMINA SAT in the auditorium—beside Jackson of course—and scanned the sea of students from her grade and the one below. She searched for her math teacher's head to pop up.

She had come to the conclusion that yesterday was just her teacher acting without thinking things through. Surely he didn't actually want to kiss her? It must have been a mistake—a spontaneous act of lust even. Not something that was planned and so dangerous.

Mr Im never sat on the back rows along with the teachers and supervisors during announcements. He claimed he just enjoyed the students section in the middle more.

Which was a good thing for the students if you thought about it. They never paid attention to the speeches if Mr Im was there as they'd keep craning their necks to see what he was doing.

Whether he was biting his lips, smiling kindly, or even yawning, he was far more captivating that a graying man drawling on about achievements and dissatisfactions.

The students were being told about a few inspectors coming in. Nothing major.

Amina wasn't sure what date they were to arrive as she had her curls pressed against Jackson's broad shoulder and she played and tugged on his fingers as their palms laid intertwined on her exposed lap.

Amina then took a dangerous glance over Jackson and caught eyes with Mr Im.

His face was plain yet somewhat upset and she saw his hand ball up into a fist as he bounced his leg. A student made conversation with the man casually. The boy chuckled with the laid back teacher and soon enough returned to the announcement, leaving Mr Im to look over at Amina again.

Her head was now off Jackson's shoulder but their hands were still attached tightly.

Amina's eyes shot down immediately and she waited a few minutes before timidly peering around Jackson's frame again.

Mr Im was still staring but this time he wore a faint smirk and his eyes gestured to the watch upon his wrist. Amina couldn't make out such small numbers so she looked to the neon green numbers on the digital clock that hung above the door opposite the stage.

12:20

Amina swallowed and sat up straight again.

In a few moments the bell for lunch would ring and her detention with him for being late again would commence.