Prologue

Sebastian swore in Italian when she picked up the pace and started running through the dark alley

Sebastian swore in Italian when she picked up the pace and started running through the dark alley. This is not how he expected this to go but he gives her points for being smart, which woman wouldn't run screaming for her life of a man was chasing her through a dark alley.

"Zoyé stop!"

"Help!"

"I'm not going to hurt you!"

"Somebody help me!"

She turned to see if he was gaining on her and lost her footing and fell to the cold wet ground.

Sebastian swore again as he rushed to her side. Just as she was about to pull herself up to no doubt run again he held onto her hand causing her to let out a scream that could beat the highest note of any opera singer.

"Open your eyes and look at me you crazy woman! I'm not trying to hurt you"

She went still then slowly open her eyes and stared at him in confusion.

"You're not Rick" she said

"Not the last time I checked no"

"You're the doctor that examined me at the hospital"

"Right again"

"But I saw him in there, he was at my job, he found me, I thought you were him"

"Well I can assure you that your eyes aren't playing tricks on you. I'm doctor Genovesi but you can call me Sebastian"

As if she needed to prove his words she slowly reached out and place her hand on his chest. As if she needed to see if he's real. His chest flexed and the muscles tensed under her touch. She looked at his throat as his Adams apple bobbed up and down in his throat when he swallowed. Then she looked up into his light blue eyes.

Then just as suddenly she burst into tears and fists started pummeling into his chest while she was screaming at him again.

"You scared me half to death! Why would you chase me through a dark alley so late at night!"

He grabbed her hands and pinned them to her side and she kicked out but he quickly moved before her kick could connect with his groin area. He pulled her to him and pinned her to his body to force her to stop moving.

She stopped moving and looked up at his face in wonder.

"I was in the bar you work at and I recognized you from the hospital" he lied. He wasn't about to admit he's been coming here every night after work or for lunch just to see her. She would really think he's a creep then.

"You were?"

"Yes, I saw you leaving but I also glimsed the look on your face as if you're frightened so I was trying to catch up with you to offer you a ride but you ran"

"Well can you blame me, its eleven o'clock at night and I thought you were my crazy ex!"

"I'm sorry I didnt mean to scare you"

"Well you did but I'm fine. Sorry for hitting you"

"I'm sure I'll live"

"Well goodnight"

She turned to walk away but he grabbed hold of her hand.

"Don't be stupid you really think I'm going to let you walk through the streets at night when I can easily give you a ride?"

"Firstly don't call me stupid! Secondly I don't take rides from strangers"

"Firstly I didn't call you stupid I said don't be stupid and secondly it wasn't a question. I'm taking you home"

She turned to run off again but in two quick steps he caught her and threw her over his shoulder and walked back to his car with her wiggling to get down. He opened the passenger door and placed her on the seat then ordered her to put her seatbelt on. He walked around to the driver's side and climbed in then turn the heat on before pulling out into traffic.

"Thank you" she said through gritted teeth.

"Now that wasn't so hard was it?" He replied turning to her with a boyish grin on his face.

He thought he heard her mumble the word infuriating but he didn't bother to ask her to repeat. Instead he chuckled and turned some music on to kill the silence as he drove her home.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE STORY OR YOU WILL MISS SOME CHAPTERS.