Chapter 14

The next few days were awful for Sebastian

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The next few days were awful for Sebastian. Zoyé avoided him as much as she could. She barely said a word to him and every time he tried to explain everything cut him off. He hasn't even gotten a chance to tell her the detective called yesterday to tell him Rick was finally caught. Seeing she hasn't said anything he doubt's she got the news.

He was sitting on the floor in Khile's room when she walked in with a plate of cookies she made with his mother. He heard from his mother the first two days of their baking she practically burnt everything but by their third day she started getting better. From the look of the cookies she just placed in front of them she was now a pro.

"Zoyé can we talk?"

"Um, maybe later? Regina is waiting for me in the kitchen. We're starting the baking tonight for tomorrow."

"Zoyé please, its about R-I-C-K" he said looking down at Khile

"I know how to spell Rick. I'm a big boy now, I'm five!" said Khile shaking his head

His expression made them both laugh, but Zoye's smile quickly disappeared when she turned back to Sebastian.

"What about him?" She asked

"The detective called me yesterday. They caught him. He's in jail."

"Why are you just now telling me all this?" She asked

"Oh I don't know maybe because you take off running away at the speed of light every time I try to talk to you"

"Did they shoot him or anything?"

"No. Apparently his new girlfriend got tired of being his new punching bag so she called the police on him after she heard on the news what he did to you and Khile"

"That's great news. We can finally go home"

Sebastian suddenly felt panicked at her words. He never thought she would go her way the minute her ex was caught.

"Tomorrow is Christmas, you're just going to leave now?"

"Of course not. I was just speaking in general"

"Well next time be a bit more specific!"

"Why are you in such a lousy mood?"

With a few words in Italian he grabbed her hand and pulled her to his room then closed the door behind them.

"What are you doing?" Asked Zoyé

"This" Sebastian turned around and planted a kiss on her that made her toes curl. A moan escaped her throat and she wrapped her arms around his neck and pull him closer. He picked her up and placed her on his bed all the while still kissing her. He kissed her neck and she caught hold of his hair. Another moan escaped her when he started kissing each of her breast that were now begging to be released. As if he read her mind he slipped his hand under her shirt and lifted her bra to expose her two creamy full breast. He took a nipple into his mouth while he caressed the other causing her to moan and arch her back.

"Seb honey are you in there? I can't seem to find Zoyé anywhere"

Regina's voice was like ice water thrown over them cooling the fire they were about to start. Zoyé quickly untangled herself from him and quickly fixed her clothes. She sat on the edge of his bed and crossed her legs looking so innocent. Sebastian started laughing as he walked to the door and pulled it open.

"Oh there you are I've been looking all over for you. I was just looking for you because...oh dear, did I interrupt something?"

She looked from Sebastian to Zoyé sitting on the bed. Zoyé's face turned bright red as she looked anywhere but at Regina's face. Sebastian chuckled and Zoyé sent him a glare.

"Oh don't mind me I just came to let you know I have yo run into town again for some things I forgot to pickup. So we'll finish baking when I get back"

"OK. I'll be here. I mean not here I just meant here as in...I'll be available by the time you get back. Wait that still sounds wrong. I just meant..."

"That's OK dear I know what you meant" Regina interrupted

"Oh God" said Zoyé hiding her face.

By that time Sebastian was laughing so hard even his mother sent him a glare.

"And I found Khile fast asleep next to his half finished plate of cookies, I put him down for his nap"

Regina walked out and closed the door and Zoyé threw a pillow at his head which he caught in his hands before it could hit him. She made to get off the bed but he rushed over and pinned her down.

"That was so embarrassing" Zoyé complained

"Only because you made it so obvious that we were doing something. You made me feel like a teenage boy hiding his crush in his bedroom"

"Is that what you did with Brooke?"

"Zoyé..."

"No forget it"

"No. I won't allow Brooke to come between us. She's from my past. We all grew up together and our fathers decided to pair us together. We dated because I wanted to please my father but I was never happy. She never supported my dreams. We never could sit down and talk. It was always sex and shopping and going to our family's company events for her. Most of the time we were there she was busy flirting with the older suites. I ended things because I didn't love her and I wanted to be my own person"

"Oh. So why was she throwing herself at you the way she was?"

"Because its what Brooke does. I have no interest in Brooke. You're the woman I want Zoyé. How can you not see how much I love you!"

Zoyé sat with her mouth open staring wide eyed at him. Her mouth would open and close like she was trying to figure out what to say.

"OK now is when you would say something"

"Why would you love me?"

"OK not what I expected but alright"

"I just mean. I'm the girl from the other side of the tracks. I make a living tnrought busting tables in a pub. I have a five year old son"

"A son that I adore. I love Khile. It drove me crazy seeing what that lunatic did to him at the wedding. He's the best part of you. I love the way you love him. You challenge me. You think about what's best for me and you appreciate me, so yes Zoyé I love you"

He brushed at the tears that rolled down her cheek and kissed her. She climbed on his lap and wrapped her legs around him and hugged him.