Chapter 18

Zoyé looked around the room full of people trying to find a familiar face

Zoyé looked around the room full of people trying to find a familiar face. She saw Fabio but she kept looking around for someone else, Fabio was the last person she wanted to hang out with at a New Years Eve party.

Her eyes traveled around the room some more until she found Sebastian. He was already looking at her. He sent her a smile and started walking towards her. Suddenly Brooke stopped him with her hand on his chest. Zoyé shook her head and was about to walk away but stopped when she saw Sebastian remove Brooke's hand and walked over to her.

"What does she want?" Asked Zoyé

"I didn't stick around long enough to ask, but does it matter?" Sebastian replied as he slipped his hand around her waist and pulled her closer.

"As a matter of fact, no it doesn't matter at all"

She wrapped her hands around his neck and welcomed his kiss. She could feel him smile against her lips which made her laugh and pull back to look at him.

"Khile is going to miss it here. I think this is the first place he has ever seemed so at home" said Zoyé

They stood watching Khile on the dance floor with the rest of the kids dancing around with everyone else.

"He can always visit anytime he wants to" Sebastian replied

"You spoil him!"

"How?"

"You give him everything he wants, even when he doesn't need it"

"That's because he deserves it."

"Yea that's true. Thank you Sebastian"

"You really have to stop thanking me, its my duty to see to it that you two are happy"

"Its not your duty"

"It will be soon"

She gave him a puzzled looked but instead of responding he pulled her with him to go talk to some more people that walked in. He let go of her hand then excused himself so he could answer his phone.

She glanced at his retreating back before turning back to the couple they were talking to. The man grew up with Sebastian and went to school with him. He was telling Zoyé stories about Sebastian brewing when she felt him tapping her on her shoulder.

"Come with me" he told her then turned to excuse them from his friends.

"What's going on?" Asked Zoyé.

"Just come with me, someone wants to talk to you"

He lead her to his father's study and close the door behind them. She looked around the room in confusion when she realized they were alone. She giggle then turned to him.

"Did you make an excuse to get me all alone?"

She wrapped her arms around his neck and was about to kiss him but he put his finger to her lips and stopped her.

"Not in front of your mother" he said

"What are you talking about?"

"Zoyé? Sweetheart is that you?"

She heard her mother's voice coming from the telephone on the desk. She looked away from Sebastian then slowly walked to the desk as if trying not to scare off the woman on the phone.

"Mom?" She replied

"Zoyé honey I can't believe its you"

The woman on the phone started crying which immediately triggered Zoyé's tears. She dropped into the chair crying silently. She tentatively touched the phone as if making sure her mother is really on the other line.

"But how?" She asked Sebastian through her tears

"I hired a private investigator. I told him everything about her you told me. He said it was really easy to find her"

"Thank you so much"

She threw her arms around him thanking him over and over again.

"I'll give you some time to talk to your mother. I'll be back out there when you're finished."

Zoyé sat down and asked her mother a million and one while she received the same. There was so much for them to catch up on. She told her mother how she met Sebastian and Samantha. She told her how she finally got away from her psychotic ex and listened while her mother told her he had come there looking for her and threatened her to tell him whereher and Khile were. Lucky and not so lucky for her she got evicted so she's been living in a shelter so she never saw him again until his picture appeared on the news.

Her mom told her how a fancy car had picked her up from the shelter and brought her to the most expensive stores Shea ever set foot in and she bought clothes to last her a lifetime. She mother started crying again telling her about the beautiful two bedroom cottage Sebastian bought her. She described it as the nice side of town in the city. Zoyé couldn't hold back her tears at that point, she could hear how happy her mother was.

After they got done talking and promised to talk again soon Zoyé went to find Sebastian. She looked around until she saw him in a corner looking ambushed by Brooke. She found that she wasn't threatened by her anymore more so annoyed and somewhat amused by the woman's persistence. She started walking closer to them when Sebastian looked like he was about to pull his hair out.

"Seb think about how happy your father would be if you choose me. I know how to make you feel good...remember?"

"I'm sure he remembers, which is why I guess he traded you in to get a better upgrade. I assure you he's not missing anything, and I do mean anything"

They both turned to look at her. Brooke with a glare and Sebastian with a amused look.

"How dare you?" Brooke replied

"Oh get off it Brooke. Take a hint, he doesn't want you! Now we could have done this the polite way but you insist on disrespecting us and our relationship"

"He will get tired of you too so don't think you're something special. How long do you think he's going to stick around?"

"I was thinking along the lines of forever" it was Sebastian who replied this time.

"How can you embarrass me like this Seb?"

"You embarrassed yourself Brooke."

She huffed and stormed away from them.

"Confidence makes you so sexy" he whispered in Zoye's ear.

"Why thank you, but someone had to tell her"

He chuckled and pulled her in for a hugged. They stayed hugging while they swayed to the music that was playing.

"Thank you for all you've done for my mother. She's so happy. And it feels good to know I don't have to worry if she's OK anymore and I know she's feeling great to have a place to call home."

"I would do anything for you"

"I know, and I love you"

"I love you too il mio cuore"

The countdown for the new year started and as they counted back from ten to one they stated into each others eyes. This wasn't just the beginning of a new year for them but the start of the journey to their new life.

They walked around and greeted everyone then Sebastian picked up Khile and together they put him to bed.

"Are you ready for this? Our life together I mean." Asked Sebastian

"We're all in this together"

She smiled as she looked from him to her sleeping son.