Chapter 13

The next day Zoyé woke bright and early and got herself and Khile ready for their day with Sebastian

The next day Zoyé woke bright and early and got herself and Khile ready for their day with Sebastian. Holding his hand they made their way downstairs and was greeted by the maid who showed to the dinning room where Sebastian was having breakfast with his mother. He rose from his chair as they entered and pulled put a chair for her after she made up a plate for Khile and put him to sit.

"How did you sleep?" Ask Regina

Zoyé's eyes darted to Sebastian as she remembered they time on the balcony. She didn't need a mirror to know her face had turned red.

"I slept really great. The room is comfortable thank you"

"Good, I'm happy to hear it. Now I will leave you all to finish your meal. I have to run to do some grocery shopping. Food doesn't last long in this house as us Italians love to eat as much as we love to cook"

After giving them all a kiss on the cheek she left.

"So what do you have planned for us?" Asked Zoyé

"I'm thinking we could go site seeing at the Val d’Orcia and then a little shopping"

"Val d’Orcia?"

"Yes, have you ever heard of it?"

"No"

"Eat up. You guys will enjoy it"

Val d’Orcia is a beautiful location on top of a hill, gently rolling hills covered in the dense vegetation of vineyards, olive groves, cypresses, beech and chestnut trees alternate with Medieval habitations, rural villas and castles boasting impervious towers, all of which is diffused in a tranquilly isolated nature, the most beautiful and natural landscape Tuscany offers, its simply magical. 

They parked the car and watched Khile ran around chasing God knows what. Zoyé was just glad to see him so relaxed and having fun. While Sebastian was just happy to see her happy and smiling for a change.

"This place is beautiful"

"Yes it is, when he's finished playing we will pick fruits. My mother wants to make pies and jams with you"

"With me!? I burn water. There's no way I can bake jams and make pies"

"Actually you don't bake the jam" he replied chuckling.

"See what I mean!"

"Don't worry my mother will teach you, she likes you you know"

"She's really sweet. I don't think your father likes me though"

"My father is old fashion"

"In what way?"

"Let's change the subject, we're having a good day"

"No tell me"

"My father would rather if I was involved with an Italian born and raise woman"

"Why not do what he wants then?"

"I've learned a long time ago not to do what everyone else wants if it doesn't leave me happy in the end"

She kissed him on his cheek then ran off to get Khile so they could pick some fruits. Then they went off shopping.

                                ***

"You really don't need to buy him the whole store of toys. He hasn't put that tablet down since you bought it in the first store we went to, I'm sure that would have been enough"

"A boy needs his toys" he replied slipping his hands around her waist."

"Is it OK to eat now?"

"Why do I get the feeling the way to your heart is through your stomach"

"Food makes me happy"

He chuckled and paid the cashier then gathered the three bags filled with toys and loaded them into the car before taking them across the street to a restaurant for lunch.

"This place is cozy" said Zoyé

"Its one of my favorite places to eat while I'm back home"

"I can see why, the food is amazing"

"Khile seems to like it"

She looked over at Khile and laughed when she saw him sucking a single spaghetti in his mouth. His little face covered in spaghetti sauce.

Zoyé opened her mouth to say something then closed it when she saw Brooke walk over to their table and stand behind Sebastian then slipped her hand over his shoulders and a little too low down his chest, then kissed him on the cheek. The movements were so provocative Zoyé couldn't help but look from one to the other.

"Seb I didn't know you were home"

"Hello Brooke"

"You missed me after I left the states last week you just had to follow back home?"

"You were in Austin?" Asked Zoyé

"Yes, I was visiting Seb"

"You stayed with Sebastian?"

"Why yes, yes I did. Did he forget to mention that?"

"No Sebastian doesn't owe me an explanation"

"Brooke as you can see we're having lunch" Sebastian interrupted

"Yes, I'd join you but I already ate and the girls are waiting, but its good to see you still love the restaurant where we had our first date"

With that she gave him a light pat on the shoulder and gave Zoyé a wave before leaving.

Zoyé put her fork down and wiped her mouth on her napkin then fold her hand in her lap. Sebastian could clearly see the wall she put up after Brooke left.

"Its not what you're thinking"

"You don't know what I'm thinking"

"You're thinking I'm the jerk that kissed you when he had another woman in his house the week before"

"OK so you do know what I'm thinking"

"Its not like that Zoyé I promise you"

"It doesn't matter"

"Zoyé..."

"Look can we just go? Your mom must be waiting for me by now"

She got up from her chair then got Khile up from his seat then walked out of the restaurant. After Sebastian paid their bill he found Zoyé and Khile already waiting for him in the car.

The ride back to the house was quiet except for the sounds coming from the games Khile was playing on his tablet. When they got to the house Zoyé got all their shopping bags and lead Khile to their room then she cleaned him up and put him down for a nap before going to find Regina to start on her pastry lessons.

************************************

Please remember to vote! Click on the star and vote!