Chapter 6

Stupid hard headed amazingly beautiful woman

Sebastian paced up and down his private study. Occasionally spitting a few irritated Italian swear words. After he left zoyé in the kitchen he had to go home before they got into a petty argument. When he was around her this time he couldn't deny the chemistry between them but it seems she was ready to do the exact opposite.

It's been a really long time since he has felt this pull towards a woman and unlike the last time, he wasn't going to run from it, even if it means she would push him away every chance she gets.

There was only one thing that could get him out of his present mental battlefield. He headed for his music room and sat at his piano in the middle of the room. He closed his eyes as his fingers flew across the keys filling the room with a sweet melody. His mother made sure he and his brother studied at least two instruments as a child. For him piano had come naturally and he enjoyed the flute on occasions.

Zoyé wasn't like any other woman he's met. The women he was use to were well refined which he realized was boring for him. While zoyé is more exposed to the world, speaks her mind. She didn't shy away from his sarcastic commentaries like others would. Instead she challenged him word for word. She has a backbone despite her struggles and that made her interesting and strong in his eyes.

Whenever he was off work he would go to the restaurant she works at night and keep an eye on her, and no matter how much it made him feel like a stalker as long as it meant her being safe he could live with that.

His cell phone on top of piano vibrated and for just a second he was about to ignore it but when he picked it up and saw his brother's name flashing across the screen he decided to answer.

His brother Luca is four years his senior, married with three children and decided to stay in their home country and take over their family auto mobile business while Sebastian played the silent partner so he could go off and practice medicine like he's always wanted to do. His father was never supportive of his decision to go into medicine because he always wanted both his sons to run the family business. His brother told him he's in town and wanted to meet up with him for dinner tonight.

What he found when he got to the restaurant was the very last thing he expected. Sitting across from his brother and his very pregnant wife was a certain dark haired beauty from his past. The last he saw her was their very tearful goodbye when he choose to move to the states to accept his doctor position at the hospital.

She looked up at him with a tentative smile as a quiet hello Sebastian her lips. Not wanting to make it obvious he was curious and shocked as to why she was here he sat in the only available seat next to her and kissed her on both cheeks in a friend greeting.

"I know you didn't expect to see me here" she said with a nervous laugh

"I can admit I'm pleasantly surprised" he replied

"Hello brother" he said turning to his older brother with a questioning look on his face.

"I've missed you" his brother replied

"Nadià, looking as beautiful as ever" he said to his sister in law.

"You're too kind but I know right now I resemble a baby whale. No need to pretty it up after all its my fourth go so I'm use to it" she replied

"You my dear are the epitome of radiance" said her husband as he pulled her in for a kiss.

She pulled away and gave him a quick peck on his cheek then swatted at him when he tried to kiss her again.

"You're just biased because you're getting a son to even things out like you've wanted" she said

Sebastian chuckled at their obvious affection for each other then turned to look at Brooke who was already staring at him but quickly looked away when he caught her staring.

"So why didn't you tell me you all were coming to visit? I would have had the rooms made up for you all"

"Because brother we need all the privacy we can get. I'm sure you wouldn't want to hear me and my wife in the middle of the night, getting..."

"OK, OK point taken" seabastian replied holding up his hand to stop whatever it is his brother was about to say.

"Stop teasing your brother" said Nadià sending his brother look he's sure was designed to more work on their children than his brother.

"So Brooke, what brings you to my neck of the woods?"

Before answering she gave him a look as if to say isn't it obvious? But he kept his face neutral and waited for her to respond.

"Well Luca and Nadià were telling me they planmed a little trip to come visit you and they invited me along"

"Did they now? Well I hope you enjoy your time here" he replied as he turned to send his brother a scolding look.

Silence fell around the table creating a awkward tension while everyone pretended to be distracted by their menu. The waitress came over to take their order and Sebastian was glad for her bubbly distraction.

They engaged in some idle chit chat while they waited for their food orders to come back. Luca occasionally sent him some questioning looks but Sebastian had his poker face on not giving anything away. He dugged into his dinner not realizing how hungry he is. He had been so worried about zoyé he hasn't gotten around to eating yet. The image of her biting into the omelette he made popped into his head causing a slow smile to cross his lips.

"Either that food is really delicious or you're remembering something really good" his brother's voice broke through his thoughts.

Sebastian sent him a grin before turning back to his dinner.

"So Sebastian, about that room you offered, I think I'll take you up on the offer" said Brooke

"Of course, I would love to have you" he replied then sent his brother a quick glance.

"I think we will too Sebastian, you are always a good host and I could use all the rest I can get" his sister in law chipped in.

Sebastian beamed at her and wanted to pull her into a hug but instead he mouthed a silent thank you to her.

After dinner he left the restaurant ahead of them so he could go tidy up two of his guest rooms for them while they went back to their hotel to get their things.

He could see that his brother was trying to rekindle what he had with Brooke in the past but Sebastian had other things on his mind.

Brooke had made her choice years ago to give him the option of choosing between her or his lifelong dream of moving to the states to become a doctor. He remembered how heartbroken he was and how much he had begged her not to make him choose but begged her instead to go with him. She had laughed in his face told him he was and idiot for chasing such far fetched dreams but look at him now, a senior doctor. So he was shocked when he picked up on her flirtatious vibe while she sat next to him at dinner.

Having them stay here with him should prove to be interesting but the first chance he got he was going to scold his brother because at dinner it was clear he was the one encouraging his ex to make her move.

Its no secret his family had always wanted him to marry Brooke. His mother had practically planned their wedding the first time he took Brooke on a date. They are all set in their Italian ways while he was more unorthodox in his way of thinking. He knows he was expected to take an Italian woman as his wife and have a bunch of children and stay close to the family like Luca did but he had other visions for his life, which made Luca the family favorite and him the black sheep.

Just then he heard the doorbell announcing his guest so he put a smile on his face and mentally prepared himself for whatever would come of their stay with him as he went to welcome them in.