Chapter 15

Christmas morning was filled with laughter and stories and present exchanged

Christmas morning was filled with laughter and stories and present exchanged. Zoyé sat in a recliner by the fireplace while Sebastian sat on the arm of the chair with Khile at their feet playing with the other children. After the stories ended the ladies excused themselves to the kitchen, the children ran around playing with their new toys and the men went off talking business.

"I'm sorry we didn't get to see you when we were in Austin Zoyé" said Nadià

"Me too" Zoyé replied

"I could tell Seb has someone special in his life even if he didn't say it at first. I'm really glad to see him so happy"

"I'm happy too. For the first time in a long time I can actually say I'm happy"

"But you look so scared"

"I am. I'm scared of getting hurt again"

"As you should be" said Fabio standing by the kitchen door.

"This is not the time for this Fabio" Regina firmly stated.

"Its the perfect time. She needs to know when Sebastian is ready to take a wife it will be a woman from Italian blood. He's amusing himself with you right now girl but I wouldn't take it serious if I were you."

He turned and walked out of the kitchen leaving behind a awkward silence.

"I'm sorry about my husband Zoyé"

"That's OK. He's just telling me how he feels"

"That doesn't mean its how Sebastian feels. You have to trust what you have with him" said Nadià

"I know"

Zoyé went back to check on the food in the oven and missed the concerned look that pass between Regina and Nadià. She was quietly working for the rest of the day in the kitchen until she had to pause to go get herself and Khile ready for dinner.

"Mommy do you like Mr. Sebastian?" Asked khile as Zoyé shampooed his hair.

"Do you?" She asked cautiously.

"Of course I do he's my best friend"

"I thought Nicholai was your best friend"

"Nicholai is my best friend but not like Mr. Sebastian. Mr. Sebastion is like a super hero daddy"

Zoyé could hear it in his voice and see it on his face that her son has a case of hero worship going on and who could blame him, Sebastian is that guy that stepped in and played both doctor and bodyguard.

"So do you like him mommy?"

"Yes honey I like Sebastian"

"Like really like him?"

"Yes sweetheart"

"OK. Can I call him daddy? I don't have a daddy and everyone else does, so can Sebastian be my daddy?"

Zoyé was stunned. She didn't see that one coming, neither does she know how to respond to his question.

"Why don't we let mommy think about it then give you her answer later, sounds good?"

They both turn to see him leaning against the open bathroom door with his hands tucked in his pockets.

"OK" Khile replied.

Zoyé bundled her son in a towel and brought him to his room to get dressed while Sebastian waited in her adjoining room. After leaving Khile sitting on the bed playing on his tablet she went back and found Sebastian waiting in her room. He was standing by the open balcony door looking outside. He turned to study her face when he heard her come in.

"Mom told me what my dad said"

"Yea"

"He's wrong. I hope you know that"

She knodded then looked away and that's when she saw the present sitting on the bed. She turned to look at him.

"Are you going to open it?" He asked

"Haven't you given me enough gifts for the day?"

"Humor me"

She walk to the bed and reached for the box and unfastened the bow. She glanced at it and found him watching her. She looked away and slowly opened the box and found a gold necklace the pendant was made up of tiny diamonds spelling 'il mio cuore'. Zoyé reached out and gently touched it with shaking fingers before looking back at him.

"Its beautiful" she said

"Made special for the most beautiful woman I've ever known" he replied

"Thank you. I love it. What does it mean. You said you'd tell me"

"il mio cuore, its Italian for my heart"

"Sebastian..."

The tears she was fighting to hold back spilled over and he took her into his arms.

"I love you so much" she said against his chest.

The hand he was sliding up and down her back stilled. He stepped away from her to look at her face.

"What did you just say?" He asked

"I love you" she repeated

"Oh my beautiful Zoyé. I was worried you could never bring yourself to tell me how you feel, I love you il mio cuore."

"Thank you for accepting us."

"Thank you for trusting me with your most precious gifts, your son and your heart. I love you both."

"This is the best Christmas we've ever had. And we were waiting to give this to you as well"

She walked over to the bedside table and pulled a rectangular velvet box from the draw.

"Open it" she said handing it to him.

Laying in the box was a men style gold braclet. His face lit up and he pulled her in for another kiss.

"This must have cost you a fortune, I love it!"

"I saved all my tips and checks. Your mom got it yesterday after I told her exactly what to tell the jeweler. Turn it over"

On the inside was engraved 'we love you from Z & K'

"I'll wear it everyday"

She stroked his cheek then placed a light kiss on his lips.

"We should get ready so we don't keep everyone waiting" said Zoyé

"I'll be back when I'm dressed" Sebastian replied

                               ***

"Ladies you did a great job" said Luca

"Mom you did something different with the chicken. It taste amazing what's that sauce?" Asked Sebastian

"That was Zoyé. She made a delicious mango sauce to drizzle over the chicken" Regina replied

"Amazing job" said Sebastian reaching behind Khile to give her hand a squeeze

She blushed and went back to eating but not before she caught the look his father and brother exchanged. She was quiet for the rest of the meal. Sebastian occasionally sent her concerned glances but she always shook her head and sent him a smile.