Chapter 8

"Don't you get lonely living in such a big house by yourself?" Brooke asked Sebastian as she walked into the kitchen where he stood by the stove making breakfast

"The size doesn't bother me. I'm mostly at work so it doesn't give me much time to get lonely" he replied as he sprinkled some shredded cheese into the pot of grits he was making .

"Surely you don't spend all your time in a depressing place like a hospital. You find time to do other things right, like courting a woman you fancy?"

"Why Brooke are you fishing for information about my love life?"

He watched as her face turned red with embarrassment but she didn't let that put her off.

"I'm just trying to catch up, for old times sake" she replied sending him a flirty smile.

He chuckled at her knowingly while waving the spoon in her direction.

"Oh come on Sebastian, when was the last time you brought a woman to dinner?" She persisted.

"Are you trying to ask me on a date Brooke?"

"What if I am?" She replied

"What smells so amazing?" Asked Nadia wobbling into the kitchen with her baby bump leading the way.

Sebastian made his sister in law a plate with grits, eggd, sausages with a side of bacon with a cup of his mother's famous hot cocoa and carried it to the dinning room for her.

"Hey where's my plate!?" Asked Luca walking into the room

"You have two hands and you know where the kitchen is!" Sebastian snapped at him before going back to the kitchen.

"I guess he's still mad at me" Luca said to his wife.

"As he should be" she replied

Sebastian rushed through his breakfast and rushed out for work. He was worried about Zoyé and having Brooke around throwing herself at him wasn't helping the situation and he blamed his brother.

He was in his office for no more than one minute when Samantha came rushing in.

"You have to talk to her, she's not listening to me" she said pacing around the room.

"I'm guessing this is about Zoyé, what's going on now?"

"She's moving out!"