Chapter 7

Tucking a strand of hair back into place of the plate that ran down hair back, zoyé weaved her way through tables as she made her way to the table by the window where a group of teenagers sat

Expect no tips there, teenagers never leaves tips when they come here to eat.

She pushed her thoughts aside and pulled her notepad from her apron and stood by their table and took their food orders. She walked back to the window by the kitchen and pinned the order sheet on the wheel just as someone touched her on the back. It was one of the waitresses on duty.

"Some guy just walked in and asked me to give this to you" she said as she handed zoyé a note.

Zoyé opened it then coveted her mouth as a gasp escaped. She looked around wildly searching for him. The note read "you don't know when and you won't know where but I'm coming to get you and your little brat too, love R"

"Where is he?" She asked the waitress that was standing there watching her.

"He just handed it to me and told me to give it to you then he left"

"Oh my God" zoyé breathe out.

"Are you OK?" She asked

"No"

"Can I do something to help?"

"Just cover that table with the teens by the window, I'm just waiting for their food to be done. I need to make a phone call"

She ran to the bathroom and slid her phone from her pocket so she could call to check on Khile. After telling the nanny to be careful and don't take her eyes off him she called Samantha to let her know what was going on. She splashed some water on her face and tried her best to compose herself before she went back out to finish her shift.

Just as she walked out of the bathroom someone held onto her hand and startled her making her scream. Next thing knew someone clamped a hand over her mouth.

"Shh zoyé its me" she heard Sebastian's voice.

She turned to face him then slapped him on his shoulder.

"Ow!" He yelped

"What's the matter with you! You have got to stop sneaking up on me like that!"

"I'm sorry, I just came to see if you're OK"

"How didn't you even know that something happened?"

"Samantha told me"

"Of course"

"Don't be mad at her, she's just concerned"

"I'm not mad at her"

"Where's the note?"