Chapter Four- Jake? Shy? No way.

** Picture of Sam and Jake somewhere on the side **

"Cherry, she's here! Hurry up!" Sam yelled up the stairs.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming!" I shouted back, hurrying down to the Hallway.

A tall, plain looking girl stood next to Sam, shrinking away from him slightly.

"Don't let Sam scare you so much Emily, he doesn't bite," Josh said reassuringly.

"Unless you'd like me to," Sam said huskily. The comment was meant to be aimed at the Emily, but his eyes never left mine.

"I'm good," the girl and I both said at the same time.

I ginned at her. "Hi, I'm Cherry."

"Emily."

"Let's go. I've been here less than a day and I'm already sick of boys," I muttered.

She snorted. "I have three brothers; I can totally relate to that."

"Cherry, wait!" Jake called, rushing down the stairs as Emily and I reached the door.

"What?"

He dangled a car key in front of him. "You can't drive," he reminded me.

"I was gonna drive her," Sam grumbled.

"My car's cooler," Jake argued.

"What cars do you have?" I asked them both.

"BMW," Jake told me.

"Aston Martin," Sam said, louder looking smug.

I grabbed Jake's hand and towed him out of the door.

"Thanks for the offer," I called to Sam over my shoulder.

Jake chuckled under his breath. "So what's on the shopping list?"

I unfolded the piece of paper Jenna had given me. "Uniform, shoes, bag, stationary... Laptop!?"

"Carry on."

"Er, car?"

"Anything else?"

"A new mobile. What's wrong with the one I have?"

"We live quite far out of reception, so we have to have the best cell phones we can get so we can use them at home," Jake explained.

"Okay, so that I can understand. But a laptop and a car? Really?" I grumbled.

"Just shut up and shop," he muttered.

"I'd love to, but we're on a motorway," I said dryly.

He snickered. "It's called a highway."

"Not where I come from."

Jake pulled into a shopping centre car park.

"Right, you girls go get the stuff you need for school, I'm going to get you a phone and laptop. Meet me back here and I'll help you pick out a car," Jake said, climbing out of his car and leaving us behind.

I caught Emily's eyes in the rear-view mirror and shrugged, getting out too.

"Wow, that looks so awesome on you," Emily breathed as I twirled in front of the mirror.

I had to admit, I did look pretty good. The black, pleated skirt fell to just above my knees, showing off my legs as we were allowed to not wear tights in the Summer, apparently. The white shirt, tucked into the skirt, had beautiful pearly buttons that shined in the gleaming light of the changing room. The black blazer clung to my curves in all the right places, and the red and black striped tie was done up just a tad too loosely. I draped the black, fitted jacket over one arm and smiled at my reflection.