Chapter Thirteen- You are good enough for me.

"There's nothing on TV," Theo whined.

"Out the news on," I told him.

"No way. Why do you even watch the news?"

"I like to know what's going on," I said defensively, snatching the remote.

"And latest in celebrity news: Whitney Houston has been found dead in her bathtub this morning, presumably by drug overdose, though the police are still looking into it," the news reader said.

I choked on my lemonade, staring at the TV in horror.

"Cher, what's wrong?" Theo asked me, rubbing my back.

"Family friend," I murmured.

His eyes widened slightly. "Whitney Houston is a family friend?"

"Was."

"Whitney Houston? As in, famous actor incredible singer Whitney Houston?" He spluttered.

"Yes, Theo, keep up!"

"How!?"

"Honey, my Dad was one of the most famous news readers in the UK, of course we have famous friends..."

"Like who?"

"Umm, I met Justin Bieber once. He was pretty cool, and he stamped my forehead with one of those date stamps."

"That's just weird."

"It was funny."

"If you say so. Who else?"

"My dad was friends with Colin Firth. When I was younger he took me on picnics with his kids. Oh, and Enrique Iglesias is pretty cool, and Ed Sheeran is just the nicest guy you'll ever meet, seriously."

"Except for me?"

I smiled and pressed my lips against his forehead. "Except for you."

"Yay."

"I still can't believe she's dead. My mum would have been beside herself," I muttered

"So, she was a close family friend, yet no one has called to tell you?" Theo asked.

"Someone will call," I promised. Just then, my phone rang beside me and I glanced at the caller ID.

"Hi Colin," I said down the phone.

"Kiddo, you answered my call," he replied, sounding surprised.

"Umm, well, yeah."

"You've been ignoring them for three weeks. And everyone else's! What the Hell is going on with you?" He shouted.

"I'm in Colorado. With Jenna Lockhart," I mumbled. "Sorry."
"Why didn't you answer my calls?"

"You remind me of my dad. I'm sorry," I muttered.

He sighed. "I'm sorry, kiddo, I didn't know," he whispered.

"It's alright. I guess you're calling about Whitney?"

"Yeah. If you want to come to her funeral I can pick you and Jenna up on my way?"

"I'll ask her, but I'm sure it would be fine. Can we bring Theo too?"

"Who's Theo?"

"My boyfriend." I clamped my hand over my mouth, realizing my mistake too late.

"What!?" Colin yelled, his voice raising an octave. "Let me talk to him."

I glanced at Theo who gulped and shook his head feverently.

"He's umm, not here," I stammered.

"That's quite alright. I'll have a word on Saturday. I'll pick the three of you up at 9 AM, got it?"