Chapter Seventeen- Why the hell not!?

I closed my eyes as my feet hit the wood of the porch, blindly springing down the steps and out over the track. Theo followed me silently, and we ran for a while, trying to work the frustration out of our systems. It was pitch black by the time we reached the stables. I flicked the torch feature on my phone and used the light to guide me to a big stack of soft hay. I threw the blankets Josh kept there over it and lay down. Theo sat next to me, curling his arms around legs, resting his chin on his knees.

“Who were they talking about?”

I sighed, and was quiet for a moment. I didn’t hear him move, but Suddenly Theo was crouching in front of me, pulling me up so I’d look at him.

“Cher,” he whispered.

I gazed up at him, and concern was etched across his face.

“Conner,” I finally said.

He blinked. “You went out with Conner?”

I shook my head. “I was in love with him, and I never had the guts to tell him. I was going to, but then…” I sighed, burying my face in my hands.

“Cher… I lo-” Theo started.

“Please don’t say it,” I whispered through my tears. I looked up at him, and he was frozen, staring at me.

“What? Why not?”

I shook my head, tears dripping down my cheek again. “Just, please, Theo, don’t say it.”

His eyes flashed with anger.

“Why the hell not!?”

I stayed silent for a few moments and he snorted. He stood up and dug in his pocket, pulling out something silver. He dumped it in my lap.

“Whatever. Bye,” he said, storming away.

As he watched him walk away from me, I picked up the object in my lap. It was a silver necklace, thin and dainty. It had a heart-shaped charm and as I ran my finger over it, I felt an engraving on the back.  I flipped it over and read it.

If I fall, I know you’ll always be there to catch me.

I thought back to this morning, when I’d said something similar to him, and fresh tears sprung to my eyes. I ran back to the house. As I shut the door behind me Sam strolled into the landing and grinned at me cockily.

“Hey sexy,” he slurred, sounding a little drunk.

I wiped the tears away and smiled at Sam.

“Hi Sam.”

He gently pushed me up against the wall and feathered his lips against mine. I sighed and leaned into him, but he jumped back.

“You’re not gonna hit me?”

I bit my lip, grinning. “Only if it turns you on.”

His eye slit up and he crashed his lips down on mine. “Baby, everything you do turns me on,” he murmured between kisses.

I ran my tongue along his lower lip and he groaned hungrily. I pushed my tongue into his hot mouth and I could taste the vodka on his tongue.

He pulled away and planted kisses under my ear, on my soft spot. I shuddered and he smiled, sucking on the skin. I bit back a moan and as he nibbled and sucked on my neck. That was gonna be a hickey in the morning.

“You got any of that vodka left?” I asked him.

He pulled back. “Depends, whatcha wanna do after?”

“Yours or mine?”

He smirked and silently led me up to his room. He pushed me down on his bed and straddled me, kissing me senseless again.

I pushed him back.

“Vodka first,” I insisted, and he chuckled, pulling me upright and handing me a bottle.

I poured it into my mouth, relishing in the burning at the back of my throat.

“Damn girl, you can drink,” Sam muttered, grinning.  “You’re not gonna save me some?”

I silently pulled his t-shirt over his head and ran my hands along his abs.

“I can think of much better things for you to be doing with that mouth of yours than drinking,” I said huskily.

He grinned and kissed me again.

** I'm sorreeeee if you like Theo; but this is all part of my plot plan. There's a few surprises in store still ;) **