Chapter Thirty Four- Cookie Dough is my Favorite

Sam's P.O.V

Cherry was curled up on the couch where I'd just dropped her (yes, the crazy girl made me carry her into the house), and I was rifling through the freezer looking for ice cream.

"What are you looking for, hon?" Mary asked, placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Ben and Jerry's. Chez isn't really having a good day," I mumbled, slumping into a kitchen chair.

"You wanna talk about it sweetie?" She asked while rummaging through the freezer.

I sighed, running my hand down my face. "She misses her mom. I guess I'm just so worried about her after, y'know..."

Mary gently placed two tubs of Ben and Jerry's ice cream on the table and leant over me, looking me straight in the eye.

"That, my naive boy, is not what Cherry needs. She doesn't need everyone constantly watching her; that's Jenna's job. Jenna is her adoptive mom. You're her boyfriend. Aren't you?" She asked sternly.

I felt heat rush to my cheeks slightly and I looked at the floor. "I don't know. We're taking it slow."

"Well it's obvious you love her."

Was it? Did I really love her? My mind flickered back to her telling me about Conner, trusting me enough, the way she had clung to my back, like a child, and how she looked sprawled out on the couch, her red hair streaming everywhere. It was then that I realised Mary was right. I was in love with Cherry.

So I just nodded at her and picked up the ice cream, grabbing two spoons on ym way back to the living room.

"Which Twilight movie do you want to watch?" I asked her.

She scrambled into a siting position, smiling gently at me. "Eclipse!"

I chuckled at how childish she sounded and dropped one of the ice cream tubs into her lap. She squaled and quickly shoved it onto the couch next to her. I rolled my eyes at ehr reaction and found the Eclipse DVD that mom had hidden at the back of the DVD stand, shoving it into the player.

"You okay?" I asked Cherry as I plopped down next to her.

"Yup," she whispered, curling into my side.

I glanced down at her ice cream. "Is Cookie dough alright? There's Chunky Monkey if you'd prefer that."

She smiled up at me. "Cookie Dough is my favorite."

I kissed the top of her cute nose. "Good."

The movie was horrible. Why I had suggested a chick flick was compeltely beyond my understanding, but Cherry's face was worth it. She obviously loved these movies, as she was sat stone still, her eyes glued to the screeen, and she had a sappy smile on her face.

I scowled at the part where this guy Jacob had kissed the main character. She had a boyfriend, and the jerk threatened to get himself killed in a battle (which was an awesoem scene, actually) if she doesn;t kiss him.

If I were Edward, the chick's boyfriend, I would have slaughtered him. I mean, he was a vampire, afterall. Then again, Jacob was a werewolf so ti would be a pretty even match.

But if Jacob had kissed Cherry and I was  a vampire I'd have torn him to pieces.

A cool hand on my cheek snapped me out of my thoughts. Cherry was kneeling on the couch in fornt of me, looking at me with a worried gaze.

"You oaky? You looked pissed off," she whispered.

I chuckled. "Sorry sweetie, I was just thinking about Jacob," I admitted reluctantly, gesturing to the screen in front of us.

Her eyes lit up. "Really? You like the movie?"

I shook my head. "Babe, this movie sucks. I was just wondering what I'd do if I was that Edward guy."

"Kill him?" She suggested.

i smirked down at her. "Slowly."

She suddenly blushed and looked down at the floor. "So, erm, what we were doing earlier. before...." she trailed off for a moment, before looking up at em with a little more con fidence. "Wanna go pick up where we left off?"

I smiled softly at the amazing girl in front of me, nodding eagerly. I scooped her into my arms as I kissed her gently, carrying her up to my room.