Chapter Eight- I'm craving Peanut Butter Squares.

** Picture of Peanut butter squares for you all to drool over! ;) **

"Weekend, at last," I groaned, throwing myself down on the sofa.

Theo plopped down next to me. "Longest week of my life."

"Is it just me, or does our English teacher make less sense every day?" Jake asked.

"Oi, Jake, get up, we have to study!" Lindon insisted, dragging Jake out of the room.

"And then there were two," I muttered after a moment of awkward silence.

He grinned at me. "Wanna do something?"

"Like?"

He bit his lip. "We could cook something."

In scrunched up my nose, thinking.

"You’re cute when you do that," Theo blurted, before turning pink.

I smiled. "Thanks. I can’t really cook."

"Your best friends own a bakery, and you can’t cook?"

"I can bake."

"Then let’s go bake something."

I shrugged and headed into the kitchen.

"Hey Mary, we wanna do some baking," I told the cook.

She smiled warmly at me.

"Sure thing honey, I’ll leave you two to it."

"What d’you wanna make?" Theo asked me.

"I’m craving Peanut Butter squares."

"There’s a whole batch of them in the freezer."

I pulled a face. "Drew made those."

"So?"

"I don’t want to think about London right now, or for a while, actually," I explained.

He smiled kindly and ruffled my fringe. "Okay, Peanut Butter squares it is."

Theo flicked peanut butter at me and it landed on my cheek. I giggled as he smirked.

"You’ve, er, got a little…" he muttered, still smirking.

I folded my arms. "That was mean."

He reached up and swiped the peanut butter off of my face with his baby finger. "All better."

My breath caught in my throat and I gazed up at him.

The smirk had wiped from his face, and he was biting his lip. He looked nervous.

"Thanks," I whispered.

His hand, still resting on my cheek, moved upwards and he tangled his fingers through my hair.

"Hey, Mary, have we got any… Whoa," Sam trailed off.

Theo and I sprung apart, and I felt a blush heat my cheeks.

"Well, I was gonna ask for cookies," Sam muttered awkwardly.

I grabbed a box from the cupboard.

"Here," I said, chucking the box at him.

He plucked it from the air deftly and grinned. "Thanks. I’ll let you guys get back to, er, your baking."

Theo gazed at me for nearly a minute.

"I’m gonna go and, umm, do that Art assignment," I murmured, backing away.

"Can I help?" he asked.

"Umm, no, that’s probably not a good idea. Why don’t you go and, er, find Josh. He’s playing on the Xbox thing, I think," I mumbled.

Theo frowned, looking hurt, but nodded.

"Yeah. Whatever," he snapped, stomping past me.

I bit my lip and glanced at our peanut butter squares. I split them in half and put one half into a plastic container.

Theo,

Sorry if I was blunt earlier, I just really need to get this Art thing done. Are you still coming over with Lindon tomorrow? I guess I’ll see you then.

Cherry

I hesitated, wondering whether or not I should put a kiss after my name. In the end, I decided not to and stuck the note on the container.

**This one is really, really, reeeally short, but tomorrow morning I'll post the next chapter, and it's a good one ;) **