Chapter Twenty Six- I prefer Trojan Magnum, right Cher?

** Picture of Steffan over there --> **

"Steff, what should I wear tonight? I need something that works for this Thanksgiving dinner and a party," I complained.

The young boy scrutinised the pile of clothes and eventually handed me a light brown dress, with an autumn leaf pattern on it.

"I look fat in that," I told him. He rolled his eyes and gave me a thin brown belt.

"What should I wear with it?"

"Them brown pumps for the dinner and the brown heels for party. Not lots makeup, Jessica is pretty enough," he said, smiling up at him.

The kid was a fashion guru, I'm not even kidding. Even I thought I looked pretty good.

"Thanks Steff, my little Gok Wan," I teased, ruffling his fringe.

"Who's Gok Wan?"

"Just this cool guy," I murmured, taking his small hand in mine as we walked downstairs.

"What is it with you two and taking so long to get ready?" Jake asked, sighing as we got to the bottom of the stairs. The doorbell cut off my smart reply and I raced to open the door.

"Happy Thanksgiving. Is happy appropriate? Or is it merry? Or seasons greetings? I've never been to a Thanksgiving so-" Theo interrupted my rambling by pressing his lips against mine quickly.

"Happy is fine, babe," he murmured, grinning.

"Okay. Happy Thanksgiving guys!"

Lindon and Lucy laughed at me, and Mrs Thomas wrapped me in a quick, motherly hug.

"It's good to finally meet you. Well, conscious, that is," she corrected herself.

I raised my eyebrows at Theo.

"She was there the other day. But you were sleeping," he explained.

"Oh, well it's good to meet you to Ms Thomas."

"Please call me Maggie, Ms feels so old." She giggled, and I took an instant liking to her.

"I like your mom," I told Theo.

"Jesus, Princess, stop being so American," Nicky said behind me.

"What's wrong with American?" Eight voices called out.

Nicky blinked, and I burst into peals of laughter at his face.

"N-nothing. She's just British and we say mum and it's... you know. Just weird hearing her say mom."

Hearing Nicky say mom in such a London accent set everybody else off laughing.

"What? What's so funny?"
"Nothing Nicky. Can we eat now?" I asked Jenna.

She chuckled. "Yeah, Steve's in the dining room, come on in everyone."

"Happy Thanksgiving everyone," Steve said, grinning as we all filed into the room. He came around the table to give me a comforting squeeze.

"Hi Steve."

"Cherry, I'm so sorry I've been so busy these few months. I feel like I've had all of two conversations with you since you moved in," he sighed.

I giggled. "It has only been two. But it's okay, I guess we've both been busy."

He glanced over at Theo and smiled gently. "I guess we have. Anyway, let's get started shall we?"
We all took a seat and Steve started carving a giant turkey.