Chapter Thirty- An STD was kissing you

“Sam? Dinner’s- oh my god,” Jenna squealed, covering her eyes as she opened the door.

I stared at her from my spot curled into Sam’s side, blinking with sleepiness.

“Okay mom, we’ll be down in a minute,” Sam said calmly, squeezing me closer.

“Are you two together?” She asked cautiously.

Sam smiled down at me and brushed a kiss over my forehead. “Damn, I hope so.”

She tutted. “Sam Lockhart, that is so typical of you. Sleep with a girl before you even know if you want to be together. You’d better of used a condom!”

I groaned in embarrassment and buried my head in Sam’s chest. He smelled great.

“Yeah, mom. I used a condom. Well, we used several condoms.”

“Sam!” I moaned. “Shut the hell up.”

He chuckled. “Sorry, Shortie.”

I whipped my head up to glare at him. “I am not short!”

“You’re shorter than me,” he pointed out.

“it’s not my fault you’re freakishly tall,” I grumbled.

He pulled a mock-hurt face. “6”1 is perfectly average.”

“So is 5”6.”

“No. That’s just short, Shortie.”

I slapped his chest and he sighed, pulling me to his side again. I looked up to talk to Jenna, but she’d gone.

“Sam.”

“Yeah?”

“Dinner’s ready.”

“Not hungry,” he muttered.

I arched an eyebrow at him. “Really?”

“Not for anything to eat,” he replied, smirking.

“Pervert. Get up, I’m starving.”
He sighed and reluctantly let me go, getting changed himself.

As I pulled one of his t-shirt son, I’d lost mine, he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and rested his head on my shoulder.

“You’re beautiful,” he whispered.

My heart fluttered; that was adorable. “Thank-you. You’re beautiful too.”

He pulled away quickly. “boys aren’t beautiful.”

“No? How about adorable?” I asked, following him as he stalked out.

“Shut up, Shortie.”

“Cute? Sweet?”

He glared at me.

“Sexy?” I asked, feigning innocence.

He grinned. “You think I’m sexy?”

I nodded. “Very.”

“Good.”

Jake made puking noises as he reached us. “Ew.”

“Shut up Jake,” I mumbled, reaching up to kiss Sam. He bent his head towards me and kissed me back, wrapping his arms around my waist securely. I sighed contentedly, before Jake ripped me away.

“Hey!” I squeaked.

“Sorry,” he said, smiling innocently. “An STD was kissing you, I had to save you.”

I rolled my eyes and kicked him in the shin. “Idiot.”

“C’mon, Chez. You can’t really be doing this. You broke up with Theo, like, two weeks ago,” Jake muttered.

“Yep. Plenty of time to move on.”

“He’s right, Cherry,” Sam mumbled.

“He’s not right,” I insisted, taking his hand. “Jake, tell mom we’re sorry but we’re eating out.”

He nodded and shot me a sad smile as he left us alone.

“Where are we going?” Sam asked.

I grinned. “You are taking me on our first date, and I don’t wanna hear any arguments.”

“But-”

“Is that an argument?”

He chuckled under his breath and grabbed my coat. “No. Let’s go beautiful.”

He wrapped my coat around my shoulders and snaked his arm around my waist as we left the house.

I leaned my head against his shoulder, realising I could stay like that for hours and not care because it felt so good.

“Where are we going?” I asked as we got into his car.

“McDonalds.”

I fake a pout. “You’re a cheap date.”

He cupped one of my cheeks and stretched my mouth into a smile. “Maybe, but you love McDonalds.”

“We’ve already been there today,” I reminded him.

“okay, so Wendy’s?” he suggested.

“Who’s that?”

He stared at me, wide-eyed.

“Watch the road!” I squeaked.

He grinned and turned his attention back to driving the car. “You’ve never been to Wendy’s?”

“Nope. What is it?”

“Fast food restaurant. What d’you want?”

I gave him a blank look. “I’ve never been here doofus. You order for me.”

He drove up to the Drive-thru of a large building. “How can I help you?”

I frowned; I couldn’t see anyone.

“Two bacanators, one Oreo Frosty parfait and one sprite frosty float please.”

“Thank-you, please drive to the first window.”

“There was no one there,” I told Sam.

“It’s a girl on a microphone. She’s in the first window and it plays through a speaker back there,” he muttered, grinning fondly at me.

“How did she hear you?”

“There’s a microphone on the speakers.”

“You never been to a fast food place or what?”

“Well, we ordered Taco Bell inside and earlier at McDonalds you spoke to a normal person. How was I supposed to know?”

“You’ve only ever been to two fast food places?” he asked, gaping at me like I’d just told him I was a multi-coloured fish on roller skates.

“Umm, yeah. My parents didn’t like them,” I whispered.

He tangled his hand through my hair and pulled my face towards his. He pressed his lips against my forehead and tears stung at my eyes.

“It’s alright, babe,” he murmured.

“I know. I’m fine, really,” I replied, pulling up a shaky smile.

He smiled back, stroking my cheek. “That’s my girl.”

** New chapter... Like that isn't obvious. What do you guys think of Sam and Cherry? **