•10•

Harry held the door for Draco as they walked into an elegant muggle restaurant. Harry's newfound adult confidence began to dwindle as he watched Draco look skeptically around the room as they waited for a hostess to show them to their seats.

"Table for Potter?" The young girl asked once she walked over to them looking up from her clipboard for only a second.

"Yes, that would be us," Harry responded. She nodded still looking at her clipboard, but made no move to show them the direction. Draco cleared his throat irritably and Harry nudged his side.

"Sorry," she still spoke to her clipboard. "Our computer system is down so I have to write it all out. My handwriting is kind of bad so I have to focus on putting pen to paper and forming the right letters, you know what I mean?" She looked up at them this time smiling as she placed the clipboard down on the hostess desk.

"No, I can't say I do," responded Draco rolling his eyes. Harry pinched his side.

"It's fine, really. My handwriting is pretty bad too." Harry sent her a smile as he spoke and she smiled right back.

"No big deal, your boyfriend can do all the writing for you, I'm sure of it." She laughed with Harry as Draco blushed.

"Yeah, I hope so."

"Now, if you would just follow me." As she led them to their table Draco took in the large chandeliers and the beautiful sconces on the walls as well as the gorgeous centerpieces that sat in the middle of each table. Once they were seated at a table in the back of the room she smiled at them and handed them each a menu. "I'm Emily, and I will be your server for this evening. What can I start you off with?"

Harry smiled at her seamless switch back into her job then looked over at Draco who was absently chewing on his bottom lip while skimming through it.

"I'm not sure we're ready to order yet, but we will take your best bottle of wine," The blonde spoke clearly while still looking at the menu.

"Of course. Red or white?"

Draco glanced at Harry, who was eyeing him curiously, before responding. "Surprise me." She nodded at them both before heading off in search of the wine.

"I didn't think you liked surprises, Malfoy." Harry smirked at him.

"I didn't think you liked French food, Potter."

"I like all food," Harry said chuckling. "Still waiting for my boyfriend to cook for me though..." A blush snuck up Draco's face at the word. Sure they kissed and flirted a lot and there was barely a time they weren't in correspondence being that Harry had gotten Draco a muggle cellular device, but they had never talked about what they actually were.

"Is that what I am?"Draco practically whispered it. "I mean, we never talked about it. This is our first official date."

"O-oh, yeah. You're right. I'm sorry. I just sort of...assumed, I guess. I've been into you for a bit so-but yeah. Yeah, no- it's my fault. Sorry." Harry refused to look up at Draco after that. He hid behind his menu causing his usually messy hair to splay around it like the rays of a sun. Before Draco could respond Emily returned with a bottle of white wine and set it in ice after pouring each of them a glass.

"Are we ready to order?" She asked pulling out a pen and a small notepad from her black waisted apron. She carefully wrote their order as they spoke then nodded when she was done. "Your food will be out soon. Enjoy your wine."

The couple sat in awkward silence before they each decided to talk at the same time.

"Look-"

"I didn't-"

Harry stopped and let Draco take over.

"I didn't mean it that way. I would love for us to be official, you're not as annoying as you were in school and you care about Scorpius, but that's who I have to think about here. If anything happens with us then I want to be sure that he's okay with it. I want him to know that things are going to change, but for the better. I want to talk to him about it, but that's not something to just throw on him." Harry nodded and looked into Draco's eyes as he spoke.

"I understand. I really do care about Scorpius. He's a great kid and I understand where you're coming from. If you want to wait. That's fine. I know how hard it is to open up your family to others. I'm fine with whatever we are now..." Harry looked down blushing. Draco could tell that Harry meant what he said, but he could also tell that Harry wanted more. He could tell Harry was ready to make him and Scorp a part of his family as much as he wanted to be a part of it, but he was sure it was too soon.

Wasn't it?

He'd known Potter for years even if they didn't get along. He learned things about the younger green-eyed Gryffindor during all his teasing and sneaking. And sometime during all of his jokes and teases at the darker boy's expense he started falling for him. This relationship was a long time coming, he knew that. They both did, but he didn't want to ruin it by rushing into it.

He ruined everything anyway. He wasn't ready for this to be over.

Emily returned with their food before bowing lightly then pouring them more wine.

"Enjoy your meal. Let me know if you need anything else. Okay?" Harry looked at her and sent her his famous smile.

"Thanks, Emily. This looks brilliant." She smiled and nodded at him before walking away again.

"Sometimes I wonder if you should have been a Hufflepuff," Malfoy said rolling his eyes. "I mean, with all the fluff and gratitude."

"Yeah, well I guess you really did belong in Slytherin with the air aristocracy and assumption of class." Draco looked surprised.

"Forget what I said. A Hufflepuff would never have been as rude." At that Harry snorted in laughter.

"Did you ever meet Tonks?" Harry asked rhetorically while still eating. Draco shook his head no and wiped his mouth before looking at Harry and tilting his head to the side. "She could be as fluffy as a porcupine." Harry smiled sad while looking down at his plate before looking back up at Draco. "She was wonderful, really. I'm just taking the piss, but I'm sure she would've had my head for jinxing her like that though."

"Excuse me?" Draco asked looked at him confused.

"She was really clumsy. She blamed people who gave her compliments." He chuckled to himself before tucking back into his food then looking at Draco through his lashes. "But we're here to talk about us, right? So Draco, tell me about yourself."

~~~~<~>~~~~

bonjour my futher muckers

i did like a shit ton of research about specific types of wine for this cause i mean i dont drink

but used none of it

i felt the wine wasn't what was important to anything lol

which it wasn't

anywhores i updated on time hahaha

love you

hope you enjoyed

-- angel janeé xoxo 💋