•30•

The family dinner was deemed a success, for the most part, but that didn't stop Teddy from poking fun at his fathers for the rest of the week about how scared Draco was before the 'big talk'.

Scorpius understood why his father made the decisions he did mostly, but he doesn't think he would have done the same in his father's position. He thought that maybe that's why he wasn't. Things happen for a reason. Sometimes they help you to learn lessons, other times they can help you grow. In the end it wasn't his choice to make and he thinks his father turned out okay, nonetheless.

The problem now was the fact that the school year was practically over and his fathers couldn't agree on what to do for break. There were debates over staying to complete the publishing process from his father while his dad insisted they stay on a wizard reservation near actual dragons. Scorpius' decision was made without giving it another thought.

3 days since school had let out and they were finally preparing to leave. The suitcases had been packed and shrank and enlarged and unpacked and repacked enough times to give them all a headache. They had changed clothes almost 5 times a piece. Draco didn't want them to look too matching, because it made him feel uncomfortable.

The second day after school let out was full of Teddy begging for the boys to be able to bring friends along. By this morning there was an owl sent to a Miss Elle Hathor, inviting her to join the Dragon hunt. Scorpius floo-ed to the Granger-Weasley home and invited both Rose and Hugo. Rose smiled, but told him she would be studying over break. Harry made a joke about how she was so much like her mother. Then Hugo laughed and agreed to go, but was blushing profusely.

Teddy paced around the room with his hair seemingly a permanent shade of lavender, waiting for a response from Elle.

"When are we leaving," whined Scorpius as he flopped onto the couch beside Harry.

"Whenever Teddy's girlfriend shows up, Scor," said Harry jokingly as he ruffled Scorpius' hair.

"She's not my girlfriend!" yelped Teddy, but his hair blushed pink then lavender again as his nerves took back over. "Do you think she'll be able to come with us or do you think her parents'll think it's dangerous? I don't think they'd mind, but I've never met her parents. Maybe they're completely against the idea and now they won't let me see her and-"

"Breathe, Ted," says Draco coming into the room and kissing Harry on the cheek before sitting on the arm of the couch next to him. "You forgot to do that somewhere around your first sentence."

Everyone but Teddy laughed. When they looked up at him they noticed he was blushing again but with profusely lavender hair as he walked towards the open window where a small snowy white owl sat.

Harry looked at it and gasped causing Draco to look at him with worry.

"Are you alright, love?"

"Uh- y-yeah. Just a soft spot, is all." He turned back to Draco and gave a sad and tired smile. The blonde looked at him with a raised eyebrow and a tilted head before glancing back at the owl and turning back with a questioning gaze to Harry.

"Didn't you use to have an owl like that back when we were in school, Potter?" Draco asked and Harry just swallowed hard then nodded.

"Yeah," he said as if the word was stuck in his throat.

"Whatever happened to it?" Harry shrugged sadly at Draco's question.