[32] Are You Naked?

Ellie shrugged a little before she got a jar out from one of her cupboards and filled it with water. "Yes. With you especially. With Lynn and Mary it's always fun too, but in a different way. I don't know if that makes any sense. I have a feeling I'm not making a lot of sense right now, sorry." She chuckled softly and helped him carry everything they needed into the living room again. With the glasses and her plate in her hand, she looked around the living room before letting her eyes come to a rest on Brian for a moment. "Do you want to eat at the coffee table? Or do you want to eat at the dining table?"

"Well..." Brian shrugged and glanced at his plate. "It's pizza. If you don't insist we eat with fork and knife, I wouldn't really mind eating at the coffee table. Your couch is comfortable, and to be honest, I usually eat on my couch too if I'm alone. I won't think you're strange or uncultured or something."

"Okay," Ellie chuckled a little and placed the glasses and her plate down on the coffee table, before she went to a drawer to get a couple of napkins. "I like that you're not so uptight."

"Don't worry," he chuckled softly before he sat down on the couch and poured some water in both glasses, waiting for her to return to his side. "You might want to put the photos away though before something happens to them," he told her, gesturing to the pile of photos that was still lying around on the coffee table.

"Mh, yes, good thinking, thanks." Ellie made sure her fingers were clean, before she placed the photos in a box and placed it on the shelf. When all the pictures were securely stored away, she finally joined Brian on the couch. Looking at her hands for a moment, she gathered her thoughts before she lifted her head and smiled at him. "I hope you like the pizza. Thank you for helping me make it."

Brian's smile grew wider and nodded, not taking his eyes off her. "I'm sure I will. And it was my pleasure, believe me. Ellie, thank you for bringing me here and letting me stay and giving me food and all that.. it means so much to me, you have no idea." For a short moment he placed his hand on her arm before he reached for his plate.

Ellie didn't look at him when he did that, because she had a feeling that her cheeks was redder than normally. But despite her efforts, she couldn't hide how much his words made her smile. "You're more than welcome, Brian, really." She took a deep breath and finally gathered enough mental strength to look at him. "Thank you for coming here and being with me and.. y'know, for listening to me, for being so understanding and wonderful and amazing.." The words just came pouring out of her, Ellie was sharing her thoughts with him without overthinking.

With a smile on her face she lifted her head and just looked at him for a moment, taking in how handsome the man currently sitting on her couch really was, reminding herself that this was good. In a moment of courage and confidence, with her heart beating rapidly and her breathing quickened, she leaned in and let her lips meet his cheek in a gentle, tender kiss. "Thank you for being you, Brian," she told him softly, gently rubbing his arm. "I hope you enjoy your food."

When her lips came in contact with his cheek, Brian's breath hitched and for a moment he sat there as if he was frozen on his spot. Only very slowly a big smile grew on his face and in a very quick motion, he touched the spot on his cheek where only moments before her lips had been. "T-Thank you. You too." His voice was quiet, trembling a little as he tried to comprehend what had just happened.

The effect the tiny, yet so meaningful gesture had on Ellie wasn't any less. Her heart was beating so much that she was certain he had to be able to hear that. She didn't say anything, because she was quite certain that her voice would have sounded similar to Brian's. She didn't feel entirely comfortable with giving away how much his actions really affected her. And that effect was only increased when her curiosity got the best of her and she glanced at Brian.