[50] Late Night Talking, Late Night Teasing

Ellie gladly took his hand and pulled herself up, before she made sure everything was turned off. "You can go ahead in the bathroom, I want to take a quick shower before bed, and I don't want you to have to wait up for me."

"I'm going to wait for you anyway, you know that.." Brian smiled at her, leaning against the door frame.

Ellie glanced at him and smiled. "I know, but that way you can relax in the bed already and don't have to get up again. Occasionally I do nice things too, y'know?"

"I didn't say you don't.. I know you do nice things, because you are a nice person. Behind that facade. Which I know now, and which I am very happy about." He smiled and held out his hand again for her when she went into the hallway.

Ellie took it, but looked at him. "Why do you want to hold hands even though my hallway is only a few metres long?"

Brian hummed a little and squeezed her hand gently. "Because I like it.. Is that a crime?"

Chuckling at his teasing undertone, Ellie shook her head. "No, not at all. Not at all. Alright, you go ahead and get ready. Don't rush because of me."

"I'll try not to be too long."

Ellie shook her head a little and smiled, before she let go of Brian's hand and went into her bedroom. Brian went into the bathroom and closed and locked the door. In her bedroom, Ellie closed the curtains and opened the doors of her wardrobe, to pick out the clothes she would have to wear for work the following day.

She heard Brian getting ready in the bathroom and sat down on the bed, a small smile on her face. Who would have thought that there would be a guy getting ready in her bathroom for the second night in a row? A guy who was sort of her boyfriend, he was a guy who she trusted, more than Lynn or Mary when it came to certain things. Which was incredibly strange because she had known him for three weeks.

Ellie lay back on her mattress and sighed. She couldn't overthink things, because that wouldn't end well. And she wanted it to end well. Somehow she liked the fact that she had sort of promised to be Brian's girlfriend eventually. She liked the thought of being his girlfriend. Something that used to freak her out for the past years. But not with Brian, because he was special. She had refused to see that in the beginning, but now she couldn't ignore it anymore, she didn't want to ignore it anymore, she wanted him to be special.

Part of her wanted for her to do this to get back at Daniel, her ex. To prove to herself that he didn't have control over her anymore. That not every guy was an asshole. And the rest of her wanted to do this with Brian because she really really liked him a lot. Because he was wonderful.

Ellie was so lost in her thoughts that she only noticed that Brian was done when a shadow was cast onto her, and his handsome face appeared in her field of view. And Ellie couldn't stop herself from smiling widely. "Hey there.. All done in the bathroom?"

He nodded, making his curls shake a little. His hair was almost dry now.

"Good.." Ellie reached her arms up and gently placed her hands on his cheeks. She smiled at him before she carefully pulled him down to her.

However, she seemed to have underestimated his height because he lost his balance and fell onto the bed, only barely able to catch himself with his hands. He looked at her with wide eyes. "What on earth are you doing?"

Ellie looked a little shocked and smiled timidly at him. "Sorry.. I just.. I wanted to kiss you, I didn't think you'd fall.."

Brian chuckled a little. "You took me by surprise," he told her quietly and smiled at her. "I think you just wanted me on top of you again.." He winked at her and smirked.