[53] Well, Screw Them

"So. What happened with you and Brian? All I know is that before last weekend you couldn't stand being around him and now you're holding hands And I'm incredibly happy for you but also very confused how that happened," Mary started and linked her arm with Ellie's.

Ellie chuckled a little and shrugged. "I'm with you. I'm very happy, but a little confused what happened. I can't tell you why we are what we are now. I ran into him at the park and.. he wasn't feeling well, so I invited him to come home with me and - "

"You what?!" Mary asked astonished.

Blushing, Ellie shrugged. "I... I invited him to my place.. I know, believe me, I know. But I couldn't just leave him there, I didn't want to leave him there.. so I invited him."

"Does he know that you only invite very few people?"

Ellie nodded. "Yeah.. he does. We talked a lot, really. I told him everything.. you know, Daniel, and... all of that crap, we talked a lot. And he stayed at my place Thursday and Friday night.."

"Ohhhh." Mary smiled widely. "He stayed at your place? On the couch... or..."

She didn't have to finish, Ellie knew what she wanted to ask. And she shook her head. "No.. not on the couch. In my bed, and no, we didn't have sex. We just cuddled.."

"Just? That's a huge thing. Oh, I'm so happy for you.. I'm really happy."

"Me too," Ellie admitted with a smile. "He's wonderful.. He really is. And I haven't seen him since yesterday morning, and I miss him.. That's crazy, isn't it?"

"No, it's not crazy, it's wonderful. It's exactly the way it's supposed to be."

Ellie didn't say anything else, she just smiled. "What about you and Freddie?"

"Oh.." Mary giggled a little. "Well, he's just the most adorable person ever.. I really really like him. We went out for brunch this morning, and it was just the best. He's adorable.."

"I'm really happy for you. Really. You two are adorable together. Oh, and by the way, you have an invitation to Truro. Sue, one of the girls we stayed with, really wants to meet you. Maybe you can just come on the 25th, they have another gig."

"Are you going?" Mary asked curiously.

Ellie shrugged. "I really want to.. Brian wants me to come too, I think. I hope. I might just go as their photographer again."

"That sounds like a good plan, yeah."

They had reached the little café, and Ellie pushed the door open for them, letting Mary followed her.

"Do you know this place?" Mary whispered and looked around.

Ellie nodded. "Yeah, sometimes I come here with classmates. They have good stuff. I'll order the drinks?"

Mary nodded, so Ellie went up to the counter. She ordered what they guys wanted, then what she and Mary wanted and then she decided to also get a cup of tea for Brian, because he would be there eventually after all.

"Do you want anything to eat?" Mary asked, looking at the selection they had in the café.

Ellie nodded. "Yes, they have really good things. Should we just get a few things for everyone to share?"

"Oh yeah, that's a good idea. You pick."

Ellie ordered a few biscuits and small things like that, and the employee got it all ready for them. While they waited for their drinks, Ellie could feel Mary's eyes on her, so she turned to her and smiled a little. "What are you thinking about?"