shorty swing my way pt. 4

august 1998
sunday
7:26 am

I got up from his soft bed and grabbed my overnight bag, which had been sitting in the loveseat of his room.

I showered (after ten minutes of trying to figure out how to turn it on) and got dressed in a shirt that revealed my midriff and a pair of velour sweatpants. With that, I brushed my teeth and gathered up the silk sheets and found his laundry room, where I put the sheets on a delicate spin cycle.

I searched for other sheets, only finding gold silk sheets, which still sat in the package it came in.

I put those onto his bed and sighed deeply. With that, I retraced the steps I had taken to pick up the articles of clothing that came off last night, on the way to his room. I grabbed my dress, his shirt, my bra, and his Timberlands. I put my belongings into my bag before laying his shirt on the bed. I found his closet (which was a fuckin' walk-in closet) and placed his boots where there was an open space and left.

I returned to his room and looked at the clock that sat on his nightstand.

8:12 am

"Damn, what the fuck kind of crime scene are they cleaning?" I mumbled while jogging downstairs.

I found myself rummaging his kitchen for food. I came across some strips of bacon and waffles. My stomach growled at how yummy this was about to be.

I glanced in every cabinet until I came across the pots and pans and cooking oil. Once I had a skillet and oil, I placed it on the stove and poured oil in it. I opened the package of bacon and proceeded to lay them in the pan once the time was right.

I closed the package and replaced it in the fridge before grabbing a couple of eggs and a bowl.

I found a fork and some pepper before flipping over the bacon and cracking the eggs into the bowl. I whipped them with the fork before seasoning them with pepper.

I grabbed two plates and rinsed them off before placing the bacon that was done onto them. I poured the eggs into the pan, scrambling them before pausing to pop waffles into the toaster.

Just as the eggs were done, and I had finished placing them onto plates as well, I heard the home phone ringing.

I turned off the stove and picked up the phone that was mounted into the wall.

"Hello?"
"Nay!" Lisa shouted.
"Lisa, why are you calling?" I smirked.
"I was calling to get details about last night, girl. Soooo, how was it?" she asked.

"Can I get something in my stomach first?" I chuckled.
"You had him in your guts last night. You're good," she replied, making me burst with laughter.
"Muffin, you're fuckin' crazy. You know that?" I shook my head.

"Yeah, whatever. Where is your man anyway?" she asked.
"I don't know. He left a couple of hours ago," I replied with a shrug.
"Hm," she mumbled.

"You want me to come pick you up?" she asked.
"No, I'm fine. Besides, you need to sleep in. You know they gon' have you on your feet your whole shift, tonight," I referred to her workplace.
"Renée, this nigga just left you in his house with nothin' to do--"

"I'm fine, okay? I've been doin' some household things to keep me busy," I shrugged.
"Damn, was the dick that good? You actin' like his concubine now?" she laughed.
"I'm being nice, alright? I contributed to the mess we made last night so--"
"Oh, there was a mess, huh?" she sounded as if she was about to tease me.
"Anyway. I'll see you soon," I assured her.
"Whatever you say," she sighed.
"Love you, Muffin," I smiled.
"Love you too, Nay," she replied before I placed the phone back onto its hook.