shorty swing my way [13]

march 1999
saturday
3:34 p.m.

I could not believe I was sitting on the beach.

I'd always dreamt about going, but I never had the time nor the gas money. Lisa and I made plans to roadtrip to a beach every year, but something came up every time.

I can't really explain how Sheila and I ended up here, but long story short: she came up with the idea yesterday, at work, and persuaded me to go with a speech on not being young forever and the excitement that comes with being spontaneous.

So, we roadtripped further down south, where we knew that it'd be warm as ever. Now, we're making sand castles and splashing in the water like kids. It was the most fun I'd had in a while. I thanked Sheila a million times, and could only think of how great it'd be if Lisa could've come along. . . she's probably going to the greatest beach of them all in heaven though, so I couldn't help but smile at the thought.

After a day full of play and little cones of ice cream before we left, we hopped in her drop top and drove home. Only after a couple of hours, she pulled up in front of my home.

"Okay, girl. Home sweet home," Sheila smiled.
"Thanks again, Sheila. Today was fun as hell," I beamed.
"Any time, girl," she said as we hugged.
"I'll see you on Monday," I told her while grabbing my belongings.
"Okay, see ya'," she replied.

"Call me when you get home," I told her.
"Okay, I got'chu," she nodded before I watched her pull off.

I approached my porch while taking out my keys. I unlocked my security door before doing the same with my regular front door. Before I stepped inside, I disarmed my alarm, using the little keychain remote I was given shortly after the system was installed. I waited to hear the loud beep from inside before stepping in.

I sighed as silence enveloped my home. I locked my doors and began walking toward my bedroom. However, I didn't get far because I spotted a figure sitting in my living room.

A shriek left my lips before I realized it was my ex-boyfriend. I took a deep breath to calm my suddenly rapidly beating heart.

"D, you scared the fucking daylights out of me," I told him.
"Sorry," he mumbled.

"How'd you even figure out where I live? How did you get in my house?" I asked. Although I recognized the person that was sitting in my house, I was still a little creeped out because I hadn't spoken to him or any of his friends since the break-up so how'd he find me?

"You know I got connections, shorty," he smirked while standing from the seat.
Butterflies were in my stomach as he approached.

"You not happy to see me?" he asked.
"I don't know how I'm feelin' right now," I admitted with a shake of my head.

On one side, I was a little freaked out because of how he got in. On the other side, I've missed him so much. Lord, he looked good.

He stared down at me for a moment, eyeing my attire, which was a bikini top and short shorts with flip flops and a big hat.

"You look good," he licked his lips.
"You do too," I blushed a little bit.

"I got somethin' for you," he looked into my eyes again.
"Somethin' important enough for you to break into my house?" my head cocked to the side.
He chuckled.
"It's not breakin' in if the door was never locked," he smirked.

Yes the fuck it is. Fuck is his problem?

"Whatever. Just give me whatever it is you gotta' give me so you can go," I folded my arms.
He laughed lightly again, obviously amused by me.