start over | bucky barnes

‧͙⁺˚*☾ 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓*
BUCKY BARNES
( AVAILABLE // marvel: after CATWS-? )
*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒈𝒆𝒆*
— julia jones*

" Well well, if it isn't the mightyCaptain America

Captain America. I've met Iron
Man, The Hulk, even War Machine,
but now you. I must have done
something very un-honorable to
have you come to my dingy cell. "

Rene Jones thrived on knowledge. She loved being able to figure out what made the world spin, or find out the best way to break out of high security prisons (just in case), or find out the secrets behind the most powerful people in the world. She had the skill of fast fingers and a familiarity with computers, and a reason. She needed the money. Jason Gee, Rene's younger brother, needed the money for his many medications and surgeries. So, Rene solved their money problem with hacking.

     Rene had already swindled secrets from Dr. Banner, more famously known as The Hulk, during one of his educational seminars. She had found out that Banner had been trying to reverse his "condition" for years now, Rene wasn't really surprised. She'd rather be normal than a green monster, too. The hacker had also found multiple files on what was called the Tesseract. And deeper within the multiple files, she found floor plans to the Avengers Tower, previously known as Stark Tower. Now that was interesting. Rene would definitely find some sellable information on Tony Stark, and maybe on all of the Avengers.

     This had Rene Gee dressing up and attending one of Tony's many parties. He wasn't as bad as he used to be, but the egotistical man did love to show off. So, she added her name to the guest list, and slipped into the party. Everything was going well. Rene even had a couple drinks with Rhodey, one of Tony's long friends. There was zero suspicion of who she was, or how she was on the guest list, but that was until she came face to face with the man she stole from before. Seemed like Bruce Banner recognized her, too because twenty minutes later, she was corned by Tony Stark and a less smiley Rhodey.

     And that's how she ended up in a cell in the deepest levels of the Avengers Tower. She had probably gotten too cocky, but Rene was good at her job. However, as she sat in that cell, her brother wasn't getting any money from her. She had to tell someone the truth, someone who might understand her reasoning. Tony was the one that listened, and surprisingly promised he'd help out the Gee siblings. In return, Rene would do whatever they needed her to do.

     Then, as Rene was playing cards with herself, Captain America showed up across the bars with a proposition. Find the Winter Soldier, and she'd be released. Finding him was the easy part, Barnes kept a low profile and moved often, but he was always easy to find on cameras. He moved like a predator, with unnatural stillness, and always wore gloves and long sleeves, even in warm weather. But, it turns out her job wasn't that easy, she had to keep an eye on him now too, and maybe even bring him back.

͙˚*☾ 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒔:
Rene is good at hacking because
she went to college for cyber security
and she was very smart and decided
to just learn how to do it (not a good
explanation I know, that's why I can't
write this plot- hopefully someone will
be able to expand on it)

— her brother, Jason is whatever age
you'd like (must be younger) and can
have any illness or condition you'd like

— Jason doesn't know how Rene gets
the money

— Rene goes to find Bucky and she
simply tells him to just come back, so
she can go back to her brother, but of
course, he's like nah (but a bit more
aggressively lol)

— Bucky keeps thinking he got away
from Rene, but she keeps popping up
like "heyyy". eventually, Rene wins
Bucky's trust because she can warn
him Hydra or someone else is
looking for him and Rene knows
she can help him hide his tracks

— Rene is not a spy (just a hacker
who's a good liar) so she's not in
shape when she has to run away from
bad guys. and she doesn't know how
to protect herself- this means Bucky
will teach her because he can't have
someone else's back to watch