1. the beginning

Freya

I looked down, saw and smelled the bacon. I was still frying it on my skillet. The egg pancake was already waiting on the plate. I stucked my bacon on the plate too, and sat down to the table. I took a sip from my coffee and I realized that I'm not on my coffee mood. So, I drank from my orange juice and sighed to its perfect freshness. The TV in front of me was on, and it caught my attention, when the newsreader said: "The New York's ammunition storage has been stolen yesterday. The criminal, who stole the six Aim-9 sidewinder missiles, is still unknown. The crime was made at 3.00 am. The NYPD will send groups after him. There have been rumors, that the criminal will head to Europe... And then to the..." I turned off the TV and whispered to myself : "Huh, you'll be caught, bastard."

One week later

Hi! I'm Freya Ruby and I want to be an agent, that's why I like action and dangerous things. I just graduated as an agent and I would love to work for NYPD. So, I also live in New York and I like traveling a lot. I moved away from my family five years ago, when I started studying to be a police officer and then an agent. I'm really into this work and I can take risks, when I need to take them.

So that's what I kept saying to myself, when I was walking along the road that would lead me to the police department for my job interview. I was really nervous, cause I usually ruined everything important and this was maybe the most important talk I would ever have. By the time I moved my feet forward, I realized I forgot my forms and papers home. Nice job, Freya. It isn't important at all to remember things as an agent. I gasped and thought how I always had given a horrible first impression of myself. Like when meeting new professors at school, when I slipped and fell into one of them's arms. And in my first training day to become an agent, when I managed to lock myself in one of the toilets and now going to my job interview and forgetting all the important papers and forms. I haven't learned from my mistakes, but I'll be a hard worker so maybe it gets better. I was 23 years old now and still I felt myself as a teenager, 17 years old. And that's actually what I look like too. But it's not my fault I look young and maybe it's useful in some situations.

I had made it to the front steps of the police department. It was a high building with blue glass windows. It seemed so impossible for me to work in this building. And maybe it was impossible too, but you never know if you don't try. And I had always wanted to follow my dreams. I took a deep breath and opened the door. It was heavy, but I got it easily open. I saw myself at the glass door and I tried to look more professional and confident. It kinda worked. It smelled clean inside when I walked to the info desk. A women called Lindley told me my way to the boss's room. There were like millions of lefts and rights and different floors on the way, when I tried to make my way to the office. It surprised me that I made it to a big door with a sign "boss". I took another deep breath and knocked on the door five times. "Why five?" I asked myself, "Why not six?"

After a while (five minutes) I had knocked 30 times on the door. But I regretted it when a big man came to open the door and said to me: "A little patience young woman!!". I moved my arm forward to shake hands, but the man didn't do the same. He just stared at me. I put my arm back and said nicely : "My name is Freya Ruby and I'm here to get a job. No, trying to get a job", I corrected and blushed a little. "Sit down!" the man almost shouted at me. I sat down and asked for new papers that he gave me. I think I answered all the questions well and professionally. He still wasn't sure would he hire me so he offered me a case: " I offer you a little mission in Europe that I think you could handle. It's a test and if you solve it, you get the job. I also give you three partners to help you to solve the crime. Phill, Wayne and Magret, would you come here, please." The door behind me opened and I saw two hot boys and one pretty woman entering the room. They looked very good together, but I couldn't imagine myself with them, at least not yet. They smiled at me and the boss presented me to them. This was the key to my new life, the new job. "Why would I say no", I said and grinned to my new group. "So when do we start?" I asked in an exciting mood. "Tomorrow at six o'clock in the morning at the "castle" planning room." "Okay!" I said maybe too excited while the boss shook his head and reminded: "The other group failed in this by flying accidentally to Japan, which was no good for our reputation. So I trust in you all!" I don't know if that was meant to scare me, but I WAS READY.