5. working on the plan

Thanks for Wayne driving almost half faster than the speed limits, we made it to our hotel already at nine o'clock. So it took only one hour from Genova to Milan. I had listened when Wayne, Magret and Phill told me about their last mission in Philly chasing a boy that stole a candy shop and ran away. It was hilarious! They had used the same plan that we were going to use now and that's why they had all figured it out on the plane.

The weather in Milan was a little warmer than it had been in New York. We really were in the middle of the city in a hotel called Rìu. It was very massive and modern inside and the air smelled like some flowers. We walked to the check- in and reserved a room from the uppest floor; 14. The lifts took us there comfortably. Wayne opened our door and said: "Wow! I think this is it!" We all shared a living room, but me and Magret had our own bedroom and bathroom like Wayne and Phill did also.

I took a shower after Magret. It felt so good to have warm but freshening water on your skin. I washed my hair with some olive- shampoo, put on some conditioner and then washed my body with shower gel. I was quite quick, cause we were planning to go to some nice restaurant later. I put on my beige underwear and wrapped my towel around me.

I walked back to my and Magret's bedroom. She had put on a white blouse and black jeans. She looked very good with her curly hair on ponytail and some jewelry on her arm. "Hey! Come here. Let's have a look on your leg", Magret said and showed me to go lying on our bed. It didn't hurt when I took the shower, but I still had to walk by leaning onto someone or something. I sniffed my pillow and it smelled fresh and clean (like a usual hotel pillow). Magret put some relaxing gel on my wound and wrapped it again with some bandage. She must be some first- aid specialist.

I thanked her and turned away from the bed to the floor. My towel had slipped away and when I was trying to get it... "Umm, ohhh, I just came to say that we're leaving in ten minutes", Phill said slowly and a bit hesitating and I was standing there with my underwear! He looked at me weirdly and I wrapped the towel around me as fast as possible. I blushed right away and Magret defended me: "Excuse me, but this is girls' room and I can see that you're not one." Phill grinned and got away. "How can this be possible?" I asked and fell to the bed closing my eyes for the shame I felt. "It's okay. And besides, I could see how he looked at you. You look great", Magret tried to cheer me up. Then she continued: " I figured out there's something between you two..." I thought a moment and asked: " Did you see us at the gas station?" Magret pressed her lips and nodded grinning at the same time. "Well...", I tried to pass the question. "Okay, but you need to figure out something to wear instead of those black torn leggings of yours and that loose grey hoodie", she laughed and pointed at my leggings and hoodie on the red armchair. "Totally", I repeated. She turned around and handed me a bag. "This is for you!", she announced happily and was unpatient," Come on! Open up!" I looked in the bag and smiled. Then I pulled a black skirt and grey college- shirt out of it. It wasn't just my style, but it was nice to try something else. "Thanks Magret!" I limbed to her and hugged her. "These are very nice!" I said. "Hurry up we're leaving in a few minutes!", she urged me and of course I obeyed.

We had just come out of the hotel doors and the wind caught us. There were lots of people in the middle of Milan. Lots of tourists, but locals too. We walked a few blocks and found a square. There was the "Duomo di Milano" cathedral and some restaurants on the other side. So this is the place we'll be coming to tomorrow, if we can't figure out where the criminals are going after meeting here.

"Let's go to that restaurant!" Phill said and pointed at one restaurant on the other side. "Yes, I love pizzas and pastas!", Magret reported. "Me too!", I said and all that there was to it, was to go to that Italian restaurant called " Hot pie's".

The ambience in that restaurant was quite dark but nice. There was a perfect smell of pizzas and the water came to my mouth. We picked a nice table in the corner of the restaurant so we could discuss about our plan. After we had picked nice pizzas and beverages from the menu, we started to think.

There was a deep silence, 'till I proposed: "Maybe we could just follow them from a car somewhere in the parking lot and go after them when they leave. I don't know about the rest..." Wayne glared at me and said: "That's the part we already knew. We're just trying to figure out the rest, you rookie." I raised my shoulders and tried not to exist. "Take it easy", Phill said and Magret glared at Wayne angrily too. Wayne didn't care. He just continued: " I think we should .." But at the same time the waiter had come with two pizzas with her. "Margarita and hawaiina", she said with an Italian accent. "For us", Wayne said and pointed himself and me. I was so hungry that I started eating the pizza right away when I got it. The waiter came back soon with another "hawaiina" and some "four cheese pizza". It was delicious and we all liked it. Phill payed the bill and we went out of the restaurant.

When we walked out it had become very dark, but we didn't want to go back to hotel. Or Magret and Wayne wanted, but me and Phill, we wanted to see more of the city, so we planned to stay for a while...