14. the revealing morning

Freya (8.30 am)

I opened my eyes because of the light shining to my face. I was naked. Great. I remembered last night and Freddy. It would be a lot easier to just swipe yesterday (actually today) away. But where is Freddy now? I was alone in bed in our apartment. Had he dumped me? Just when I was going to get up, the apartment door opened and Freddy came in. "Morning!" he said looking at me. I went back under my planket 'cause it seemed stupid to be naked at the moment. "Here", Freddy said and handed me a cup of coffee. "Starbucks ", I murmured taking a look at the cardboard mug. "Yeahh", he repeated and went to the kitchen. "Now I've got a chance to dress up", I thought and rushed to my clothes on the floor next to me. I didn't think there would be a huge war becoming; my partners would give the missiles and free me (which is very improbable) or they would not show up and I was left to die. Or then, they would plan something to not give the missiles but get me. But this time it wouldn't work, after what we did in Milan. The Trevol Grians' men would suspect everything. I put my yesterday's clothes on. They would go well with fighting too. After doing my bathroom things I went to sit to the kitchen table.

Freddy was sending some message on his phone but when he noticed me he asked: "Hungry?" I had almost already drank my coffee but I was hungry. "Yes", I said. "Have you put my phone charging?" I asked when I saw my phone next to Freddy's phone on the charging place. "Yeah, it's battery was totally empty. But now..", he opened my phone and took it away from the charger," it's full." He handed me the phone and I took it. "Nine am. Quite an achievement", I said when I watched at the clock. "Yeah, I think we should plan something for today in case your friends don't come. And for me to leave Trevol Grians and come with you", Freddy said. He grabbed a paper bag from the table and came to sit opposite me. I smiled and opened the paper bag. "Uhh...bagels with cream cheese and salad", I noted with an excited voice. "Freya", Freddy said to me and realized that I was avoiding the conversation. "You're right. We need to plan something", I said finally. I had already got enough from making plans but I had to learn to get used to that. He looked at me still condemning. "Okay. Last night was fun, but today we need to focus on the mission again", I let out of my mouth. I didn't know what Freddy wanted me to say. "I absolutely agree with you", Freddy said. It was what I hoped him to say but I was still a bit disappointed and I added: "And if we make it today together...", I took a bagel and handed Freddy one too," ...then, we can talk about that later." Freddy looked at me and asked curiously: "What about that man? You were protecting him and I saw the way he looked at you when he had to leave you." I thought about Phill. The thing between us was quite clear. We were dating. It just wouldn't be sure at all that things would be like that after today. It wouldn't be even sure that we would meet each other anymore or after today. "It's complicated", I said and just that moment my phone started to tremble. "Oh here he just calls", I said to Freddy and answered the call. "Hi Freya! Are you okay? God damn it. Your tracking system says you're in Verona. Is that true? ", Phill's voice asked distantly but very worryfully and breathlessly . "Yeah. It's true. I'm in Verona. Have you secured the line?" I made sure from him. "Of course I have. Are u okay?" Phill's voice straightened. "I am. Really. I'm with this nice guy, Fred. And he's in Trevol Grians", I told Phill. "What?!! R U crazy??!!" Phill got nervous. "He wants to leave the team and help me, us to get away", I convinced Phill. "Okay this is getting really complicated. You know you can't trust him", Phill tried to make me realize. "I know I can trust him. Better than you. And now you have to trust me that we can trust him", I tried to organize my words but it sounded very stupid and I grinned to Freddy. He looked cringed for me.

After Phill accepted Freddy in to our plan, we made our plan all together. Or we mixed our plans. I and Freddy were in the phone's other end and Phill, Molly, Magret and Wayne in the other end. I heard also about Magret's hand but it had got better after the surgery. Wayne and Magret had arrived in the morning and now they were back on track again.

Phill (8.00 am)

I heard buzzing from somewhere far away. I tried to turn my side and go back to my dreams (which were good but which I couldn't remember anymore, of course.) The buzzing didn't stop and I had to open my eyes. I was lying in my and Molly's bed but Molly wasn't next to me anymore. I assumed from the buzzing that she was brushing her teeth in the bathroom. I turned my head and watched at the clock. 8.01 am. We would still have time for the plan and all important. Then I remembered we hadn't started even planning the plan yet. Oh no!! Suddenly the pictures of last night started to spin in my mind. Oh no!! I thought again. What had I done? I didn't have real feelings for Molly, or did I. But I think she has although realized it that way. Oh no!! I like Freya and because of my and Molly's stupid things we didn't have that much time for planning how to save Freya's life. Oh no!!

I had put my clothes on and packed my stuff when Molly came out of the bathroom. She looked very happy and pleased. "Morning!!" she said excitedly and came to kiss me. She had understood things wrong. And I had to fix this, though it would hurt her. "Umm, Molly. About last night...", I started. She interrupted me by saying: "Yeah, I know. It was amazing. I always knew we belonged together. And now you have realized it too." I must have looked very stupid 'cause she laughed at me. I was so confused 'cause I could see the sarcasm from her face. "Did you really think that I'm in love with you?" she laughed and fell to the floor. "I really got you. No oh, we're just good, wild, old friends with benefits. And it was just a one night's thing ya know", Molly giggled on the floor. I couldn't get a word out of my mouth. She had made fun of me. It was just what she's like. And now I was very relieved. "Good 'cause I'm with Freya", I said 'cause I had become a little angry and I wanted her to stop the laughing. "You are? Really?" Molly got serious and thought about the situation. I nodded to her and passed my hand to her. She took it and got up. "Nice", she just said and continued,"Now we gotta eat that we have enough energy to rescue your princess." She laughed, we left the room and we went to the hotel's lobby.

"Hi mates!" Magret ran and came to hug me. "What a surprise!" Molly noted and hugged Wayne and then Magret. "Is your hand okay?" I took a gaze at Magret's arm that was bandaged all over. Magret looked at it and stretched it a little. Then she said in a bit disappointed voice: "It's better. The surgery worked, but I can't fight very well". Molly said kindly: "Well, that's all there is to it and you just have to do your best with your legs and other hand." Magret laughed a little. "We were just about to go and have some breakfast. There's a breakfast area behind that corner", Molly explained and pointed the corner about 50 meters forward us. "Nice! I'm starving!" Wayne noted and we walked to have some breakfast. While eating we also called Freya. Then we planned for today and took Freddy inside of our plan 'cause Molly had met him in Molly's friend's party (friend who also belonged to Trevol Grians). We made almost everything ready.