11. babysittin' and poisonin'

Phill

I try to scratch the window broken that I could get back to Freya. I see her beautiful face looking confused and distracted. She was also panic-sticken and she tried to drag herself out of a big man's grip looking at our lorry all the time. "We can't leave her! Wayne turn around! Let's kill those guys! Wayne! Magret! Molly! Do something!" I tried to hurry up the others. "It's too risky because of the missiles", Wayne said from the driver's place. "We can't leave her! It's her first mission!" I tried to get the others realize how serious the thing was. "We'll get her out, don't worry", Molly tried to calm me down and stroked my shoulder. I hit her hand away from my shoulder as the place where Freya was got smaller and smaller.

I looked at Magret 'cause she had been so quiet. She was frozen. She couldn't move her mouth or body. Molly had got resented and had turned to look at the road. Magret sat next to me in the backseat. I tried to shake her. "Magret! Hello! You okay?" I asked and waved my hand in front of her face. Magret turned her head and I saw her holding her hand. "What's wrong?" I asked at the same time I turned her around. She had her coat on her waist and was wearing only a tight, thin, black t-shirt. There was some kind of a button on her hand. No. It was a ring. I tried to take it off but it had gone very deep to her skin. Magret poor. I pulled it off with my full power and Magret moaned. Her skin had turned into green around the ring. "Magret has been poisoned!" I yelled to Wayne and Molly.

"Oh my gosh!" Molly complained and moved from frontseat to backseat. "Wayne has some first-aid things in his backpack", Molly said, leaned forward and took Wayne's backpack. Magret had started to stare on the road with her eyes open. She leaned to the car door and looked very ill. I was worried about her. "Can ya handle it or am I driving us to the hospital?" Wayne asked clicking his navigator at the same time. "I'll handle the first-aid, but we have to get her to the doctor", Molly said determined, " I've had a course on some poisoning things." Wayne said from the frontseat : "Good. The hospital isn't that far away luckily." Molly took some bandage and tightened it from two parts around Magret's arm. The poisoned part was in the middle. "First we have to prevent the poison from spreading all around her circulatory to her whole body", she said tying the bandages tighter. "Do you have any blood suckers?" Molly asked suspecting. "Well, I'm not a vampire ", I answered with a sarcastic voice. "This ain't funny", Molly glared at me. She went through some Wayne's pills and shook his head in a huge rush. She read one pill bottle over and over again. She pressed her lips and said : "Aspirin...these should help her pain for a while, hopefully." I pulled Magret into a better position. Molly gave her three pills and a big gulp from her water bottle. Magret stuttered but swallowed the pills.

Freya

"Welcome to Verona!" somebody said to me with an unfamiliar voice. It was warm and kind, though. I opened my eyes slowly. I was lying on a sofa with a carpet on me. I still had my gear on but it was a little messy. My backpack was lying on the table next to me. I was in some kind of apartment. The sun shone from the window and I could see the city roofs. There was a dark skinned man sitting next to me on a divan. He was smiling to me very gently. He had brown curly hair and beautiful brown eyes. I recognized him from somewhere. Maybe I had seen him earlier today. I couldn't understand where I was and what had happened. The muscular angry men who had kidnapped and anaesthetized me didn't match with this sweet boy. "Umm, who are you and what am I doing here?" I asked pulling myself into sitting position at the same time. "I'm Fredrick, but you can call me Freddy. I am one of the Trevol Grians' members but I'm there only for getting enough money for living. I'm actually planning leaving the group and trying to figure out something else, in case that would interest you", the boy said friendly and looked at me. "Well, hi Fred. You must know I'm Freya. Umm...nice to meet you, but what are we doing in a nice loft in Verona? Shouldn't you be torturing me or keeping me in jail?" I asked confusedly. "Yeah, probably. I have to babysit you all the day 'till tomorrow morning. We shouldn't leave the loft at all, but why should I care if I'm gonna leave the group otherwise", Fred answered and gave me a wild look. "What's happening tomorrow?" I asked thinking about me being a hostage with maybe the world's best babysitter. "Umm, we're gonna go to lake Garda", said Fred and continued unhappy, "and the others of the group will be there also." I thought about the other men and their leader. "Oh God damn it", I said. " And the worst is that if your friends won't bring the missiles by the time..." Fred said worriedly. I finished the sentence: " I will be killed."

I stood up and walked to the window. There seemed to be a big lake quite far away but it wasn't probably lake Garda. I saw many rooftops and streets. This was another way to get to see the world, being an agent. "So... I need to go shopping. I mean I don't think we're going to stay in the apartment", I said carefully looking at my gear and my backpack with only my pyjamas as clothing. "No, not of course. And there's some shops on the streets nearby", Fred said and came next to me by the window. "Good", I said and turned to him. He was closer than I expected. I felt his breath on my face. He smelled like fresh mint. I didn't even know this guy, so what was I thinking. Phill and the others came to my mind and I turned away from him suddenly, back to the window. Would they come to the lake? Would I die tomorrow? I didn't know. My life was totally in their hands. This was one of the risks I had been willing to take when I assigned to this mission. My partners wouldn't let me die. Or would they? Could Molly overspeak them somehow? If I died tomorrow, I should at least enjoy my "maybe last day" in this world with this nice guy, Freddy.