3. on the same flight

We made it to the airport after an hour, cause the traffic sucked. The trip had been akward, cause I had sat between Phill and Wayne. Magret was on the frontseat ready for paying the 160 dollar bill. The worst thing was that there was a big mirror in front of the three of us in the backseat and I didn't have any idea why. Thanks to it, I could see myself all the time. I saw that Phill realized how I looked at him way too long and he seemed to be amused. He had a blond shiny hair and big blue eyes. I hope I didn't have a crush on him. Then I looked at me. I had also blond hair, but it didn't shine at all. My eyes were dark blue mixed with some grey. I also had some stupid freckles on my nose and cheeks. I looked as normal as somebody could look, at least I thought so.

We went straight to the security control, cause Landar had taken care of everything else. I was worried about our guns when we got closer to the security check. When our turn came, Wayne, Phill and Magret showed their cards and said : " We're NYPD agents." The man looked at us in suspicious way and murmured."What about you!" he said loudly and pointed at me. "I, ah, I", I tried to figure out something to say. Magret interrupted me and fixed the situation: " She's with us as a trainer", Magret said arrogantly and coldblodily. The man couldn't do anything else than nod and we walked through with everyone's eyes straight on us. I could see that Phill and Wayne enjoyed being in the middle of everyone and everything. Magret just shook his head and rolled her eyes on them.

Our gate number was 25. We hardly made it there before the airport staff closed it. I didn't think we would have made it, but they were waiting for us. Landar must have had some useful contacts. Of course he had. He was the boss of the NYPD.

"Are we really going to travel in the first class?" I asked Phill when we found our seats. They were like beds with televisions and other luxury. "What else did you think? Us sitting in the tourist class? No way!" he said amused, again. I tried to make myself comfortable, but it was hard when Phill sat next to me, again. I felt he was staring at me, but I think I just imagined it. After we had eaten some vegetable stew and drunk champagne, Wayne shouted at us from the other side of the cabin: " You two should get some sleep, that you have energy for driving." "I thought you were driving", Phill gave a laugh. Wayne glared at him and Phill showed his tongue back. I noticed, that Wayne and Magret were playing still with playing cards and they were anyway very close to each other. Maybe they had used to work together. Phill turned to me and said that we should really get some sleep. He put an alarm to ring, when the breakfast would be served. I nodded and thanked him, though I didn't know why. I put my blanket over me and closed my eyes. It would by the way have felt like I'm just home in my own bed, but the sigh of the plane didn't belong to that feeling. It wasn't a problem, though, 'cause I had used to sleep in very different places. Then I just fell asleep.

I hadn't actually heard the alarm ring, cause I woke up when I felt
someone touching me. I mumbled back for some time, but then I managed to open my eyes. Phill was looking at me. It seemed like the breakfast had been already served, cause I saw other people eating it. "I took this for you", Phill said kindly and handed me a tray with some food on it. "Thanks, Phill. I actually am quite hungry", I said to Phill looking at his eyes at the same time. They looked big and innocent blue. He was actually kinda cute. "We're about to land in one hour. Have you been to Marseille before, by the way?" he asked me like any person asking a normal question from another. It took me a while to understand it. "Umm, no, I haven't. I've only been to Paris, in France. I'm just wondering what is that missile stealer doing in Marseille", I said pensively. "He's probably just using that place as an intermediate stop to confuse the agents coming after him, us. We're not going to stay there. We just have to follow his GPS with our tracking system and set a trap somewhere. Then we call the polices or take him to jail by ourselves", Phill said confidently and like it would be just a little snack. "You make it sound so easy... How old are you all, by the way?" I asked at the same time when I opened my yoghurt package and took a plastic spoon from a transparent bag. Phill had already ate his breakfast and his empty breakfast tray lay on the table in front of him. He thought a little while and said then: "Wayne's the oldest and best of us. He's 24 now. Me and Magret, we're 23." I just realized that I'm the same age as them. How's that possible. "I'm 23 too. But how..." I wondered. I had already got enough from that strawberry yoghurt so I moved on: I was drinking bottled spring water. 
"We passed our training faster and better than others, so we were transferred straight here without the last year training", Phill explained. I nodded for understanding and I took a bite from my cheese-ham sandwich.

I told Phill I had to go to lavatory after I had eaten my sandwich. It was vacant so I went straight in. I washed my face and hands. My lipstick had spread, so I wiped all of it away. When I was putting my tissue to the garbage, I saw there something that caught my attention. It was a pile of recipes that somebody had put together with pink tape. I took it with me and exited the lavatory. I read the small papers a few times and showed them to Phill. His face looked thoughtful. After he read the papers through again, he turned to Wayne and showed them to him. Another thoughtful but a little amazed look. And the same happened to Magret too. They took some pictures of them and handed them back to me. "Nice job rookie. You just found your first clues from an airplane's lavatory", Wayne half shouted to me from the other side of the cabin and I grinned back.

"Are you sure that it's the missile stealer who bought twelve sandwiches from a deli near the building where New York's ammo storage is located and stood there for four days 'cause the sandwiches were bought during four days?" asked Magret suspiciously. "It can't be. His location is still in Marseille. He has come by another flight and the airplane trash bins have been emptied between the flights. And nobody can be awake for four days and nights, by the way", Wayne told contemplatively. "So it's not just a man. It's a group", Magret noted. "But the crime happened a week ago so why would the group members go to the crime place?" Phill thought. "This is way too complicated", I said frustrated. "Maybe they were just checking that there's nothing happening anymore ", Wayne thought and ignored everything I said. I realized horrified: " So some members of the group are here with us. On the same flight. And they might be listening to us right now." We looked at each other and I saw that Phill, Wayne and Magret seemed to have a plan. "What?" I asked and realized that they had dropped me out of this. "We'll tell you later. It's too dangerous here. Just act like you're innocent and everything's gonna be fine", Phill whispered to my ear. He leaned a little back and stared at me like waiting for something. "Okay", I finally said after an akward staring between us. "Good", he was nodding and repeating to himself still looking at my eyes. A stewardess interrupted us by picking our empty breakfast trays (empty apart from the half-empty yoghurt package on my tray). Then we started landing.