2. the mission starts

I had already waken up at four o'clock that I wouldn't be late. It didn't take me more than half an hour to get ready by shower and breakfast, though. After I had dressed up to black tights and some grey hoodie I started to think about the coming mission. If I didn't solve it, I wouldn't get that job at all. I had also been so into the NYPD, that I had forgotten to make a back up plan for my job. I still had a great group (at least I think so) and I reminded myself about the training missions I had done excellently. I stepped out of my apartment door with my packed suitcase and some other baggage and I made my way to the street.

It was so windy and cold, when I stepped to the street that I had to go change my shoes and put on a warmer coat. It was the first of October and it was already this cold. What would it be like in Europe? And what country would we go to in Europe? Luckily I had got some warm woolly shirts and woolly socks with me. And I always carried my scarf and mittens with me in the autumn and the winter.

The bus arrived after ten minutes. I preferred bus to walking because of my heavy baggage. At 5.10 the bus stopped near the police department and I hopped off. Luckily I came this early, cause my group had already arrived too and they were waiting for me in the hall. There were more people there today than yesterday. Probably cause it was Monday today. "Hi you, Freya was it?" Magret greeted me. "Hi!" I said back. "You're early here", the other boy, maybe Phill, said. "You're too", I answered. After that I asked : "Where's the other boy?" Magret answered : " He's already waiting for us in the castle." "Ok, let's go!" I said loudly and took a step towards the boss's room. "No, oh", Phil said and shook his head and grinned to Magret and then to me, "One thing first. Did you bring your whole closet with you?" I took a look to Magret's and Phill's backpacks. They were quite small and handy. Then I realized that I had packed two hand bags and a suitcase. Of course backpacks. What had I thought? Had I thought that we're going on a vacation to some beach place? No. So bad first impression again. I couldn't reveal myself, so I had to lie : "This must be a misunderstanding. I was going to leave some of my stuff here in some locker, if that's okay..." I had trained to be a good liar, but these people were trained to recognize lies too. And they had done it longer than me. They looked at each other, but Magret said finally: "You can use my room, since you don't have one yet." "Okay, nice", I said akwardly cause I didn't still have any idea what would I leave here. It seemed that I wouldn't need much clothes so I left my other handbag, which was full of my make- up things (I thought they wouldn't be so important and I had them more in my other bag.) I took some of my clothes from my suitcase and put them to my backpack (which had also been inside my suitcase). I hoped I had everything I needed now.

In Magret's working room, I put my useless stuff to my suitcase and left it next to the door. Magret had watched me moving my stuff from bag to bag and when I was ready to go to the castle she laughed at me: " I know you were going to take all of that with you. It's okay. I know you must be nervous, but now we gotta go." I said embarassed : "Yeah, sorry for lying." " One thing you need to learn as an agent: don't apologize your sayings or doings", she told me like mum saying don't speak with food in your mouth to her child. I just nodded and let it be like that.

We walked along the long aisles (I recognized some of them from yesterday) to stairs. We had to go 11 floors up. I think Magret wanted to test my strength, cause there were lifts next to us. I tried to ignore that thought, but it still muttered in my mind. Phill and Wayne already waited us leaning the table and taking a look at some maps and other files. The "castle" was just a normal room with blue painted walls and big windows to New York's streets. There was a big table in the middle of the room and chairs around it. The boss, Landar, tossed some more papers in front of us to the table. "The mission is simple. Catch the man that stole six sidewinder- missiles from the New York's ammunition storage one week ago, here's his file by the way, and get him to jail", Landar explained us. Wayne, Phill and Magret looked worryless, but for me it didn't sound that easy. I was just opening my mouth to ask something when Landar still said: "His present location is in France near a city called Marseille, so here's your tickets and passports to MRS airport. I also give you this, Freya. It's your new credit card you can use in your missions, so you don't have to pay anything yourself." "Thanks", I said and took my new card and put it in my wallet right away. I understood that Landar would see everything that I'm using my card to. "Here's also you're walkie talkies for communicating, they're like headphones. And hurry. Your flight leaves at nine o'clock. Good luck! I trust in you!" Landar said without any cheerful tone and walked out of the room.

Magret, Phill and Wayne took me to the ammunition room before we left, cause I didn't have any weapons with me. I took a pistol, a few knives and a few small bombs. I liked knives. I was used to fight with them. Bombs and pistols were also familiar, so the decision wasn't hard. The others had already other weapons with them. Then we were ready to take a cab to the airport.