Chapter 1

Jade's POV
I sat on my bed with my sketchbook on my lap and pencil in my hand. I was slowly sketching out a wilting flower in detail.
Today was adoption day and I didn't particularly want to go. I'm never chosen as normal adults don't want a kid like me so that's why I normally try to hide away and draw. I gave up on hope that it might be my lucky day a while back.
I finished off the delicate stem before putting the sketchbook to one side. I put my pencil behind my ear and went over to my wardrobe. Most of the stuff I owned was stored in here. I didn't have much but I had more than anyone else in this place because of my battered guitar and my old skateboard.
I opened up my wardrobe and grabbed a My Chemical Romance t-shirt, ripped jeans, a leather jacket and studded combat boots. I threw them on my bed and grabbed some underwear. I got changed quickly before sitting in front of mirror. I brushed my long pitch black hair and took off my glasses. I put in my contacts and my eyebrow and lip piercings before doing some basic makeup so I didn't look like shit. I grabbed the beanie that was sitting on my sideboard and arranged it neatly on my head. I put in my headphones before leaning up against my bed.
Suddenly the tannoy went with Ms. Clarke's shrill voice starting up. I took out my headphones and paused the music that was blaring in my ears.
"All people in the age group 13-17 come to the wreck room now. We have visitors arriving in a few minutes and yes that does include you Jade." Ms. Clarke's patronising voice said. She liked to humiliate me whilst all the others bullied me.
I got up slowly pulled on my boots and headed towards the steep metal stairs that lead to the lobby. The steady stream of my age group pushed me down the stairs. Ms. Clarke watched us all enter the wreck room slowly. Everyone lined up in age order so I was in the middle.
"It's nice to see you on time for once Jade." Ms. Clarke cackled. Everyone started laughing. I hung my head trying to hold back tears. You could hear a group of people already waiting in the lobby. Ms.Clarke welcomed them into the wreck room. I pulled my head up, looked forward and smiled waiting for my inspection from hopeful parents. I moved my bangs slightly. They all just looked at me and went past me. Then standing in front of me was my idol. Gerard Way. I held back my fangirling so I didn't ruin my one chance. He smiled at me and for once I smiled properly. He turned around to Ms. Clarke.
"Excuse me but I found the child I would like. She will fit in perfectly with my family." He said. I smiled and I just felt like crying.