Chapter 21

*2 days later*
Jade's POV
Gerard pulled the car back into the drive. Today is my temporary leave day before Gee has to take me to the unit. One day and I had to leave them behind.
Only Frank, Mikey and Ray were home once we got back in the house. Lyn-Z had band practice and Bandit was at daycare. As soon as I walked through the door, Frank practically jumped on me.
"How long are you home for?" Frank asked.
"Just today. I've got to pack and then at 4 I'm going to the unit. I have to be there for dinner." I answered.
"I'll see you everyday. I'm gonna miss you so much." Frank said as he pulled me into a hug. He let me go slowly before Ray pulled me into a hug too.
"Never pull a stunt like that again or you'll never come back to us." Ray whispered in my ear as his afro basically  engulfed my face. I returned the hug . I was on the verge of tears. I didn't really didn't realise I was this important to them. Ray let go of me and Mikey engulfed me into another hug. I instantly returned his hug as Mikey hugs are rare because of his social anxiety.
"Promise me you'll try to get better then you can come back quicker. I'm going to miss your face kid." Mikey said. I smiled into Mikey's chest.
"I promise Mikey. I don't want to go to that place but I'll try for you, all of you. Promise me you'll look after B." I replied as I pulled away from him.
"I've been doing it for 7 years already kid." Mikey said as he messed up my hair. Gerard came over from the door and took my wrist gently before pulling me into a hug. We stood there in a hug silent just enjoying each others comfort.
"I knew you wouldn't go. You're a fighter Jade." Gerard said with a smile. He let go of me and gave me a sympathetic smile.
"I need to pack." I replied as I pointed up the stairs.
"Do you want one of us to help you?" Mikey asked.
"I want some time to myself please. I probably won't see my room for a long time. Please let me and I promise I won't do anything stupid." I answered Gerard nodded before I ran up the stairs to my room.
I flung open my bedroom door to see that everything was how I left it. The bathroom door open but the floor was clean and my little black box was on the toilet seat. I went over and grabbed the box. I sat down on the toilet and opened the the little box that had been my friend for so long. It was still full like they had meant to leave it like that. I took the box and put it in my bathroom cupboard. I left my bathroom before I pulled my suitcase out from underneath the bed. The first items to go in were my sketchbook and my pencils from a still open drawer. I pretty much emptied out my wardrobe. I tried to put in as much as I could but I could only fit in about 3/4 including shoes with enough space for anything else I needed such as bracelets, makeup and toiletries. I put the rest of my clothes away away before I gathered together everything else and putting them in my bag. I chucked in my phone charger and closed case completely before zipping it up. I moved the case to the outside of my room so I was ready to go when needed. I took one of my jackets out of my wardrobe and put it on top of the case before heading back downstairs. No one was in the living room and I definitely didn't hear anyone come up the stairs. My phone vibrated in my back pocket so I pulled it out and checked it. The text was from Mikey.
Come down into the basement. We're having band practice with ATL.
I ran to the door to that led to the basement that I had never entered and ran down the unstable wooden stairs. At the bottom was an extremely large studio that was easily the length of the house. There was a recording room at the other end, a practice space and a tech space. Mikey, Frank and Ray were tuning in one corner. Zack going over scales near his amp set up. Jack and Rian messing around near Jack's amps and Alex and Gerard warming up their voices. Frank saw me and waved.
"Look who showed up." Frank joked with a smile. The others looked at me.
"You must be Jade. I'm Alex and these are my band members Jack, Rian and Zack." Alex introduced as he pointed at each band member.
"Can you play anything?" Jack asked eagerly.
"She plays guitar. Jade prefers an acoustic." Gerard answered for me. Alex smiled at me.
"Damn, I thought she'd be a bassist." Zack muttered.
"Could you tune my guitar for me? I haven't had the time to yet." Alex asked.
"Which one is it?" I asked.
"It's the Gibson SG-X in coral pink." Alex answered pointing at the Gibson case about 7 feet away from him. I knelt by the case and opened it before taking the beautiful guitar out. I opened my phone up to the tuner and plugged the guitar in. The guitar was pretty much in tune so as soon Alex was free I handed his guitar to him.
"Where's your guitar?" Ray asked.
"It's in my room. It's too much effort to go get it." I answered.
"You can use one of mine." Ray offered. I shook my head.
"I'd rather watch you play." I said. Ray sighed.
"You've been here like 4 weeks and we still haven't heard you play." Frank complained.
"I have. Not much apart from a few chords. Good Riddance(Time of your life) wasn't it?" Gerard replied.
"I love Green Day. You got a good kid." Rian stated.
"I'm not here for much longer. I've got to go to away later today for a couple of months." I said. Jack stood there looking at me shocked whilst the others nodded.
"Why?" He eventually asked. I pulled up my sleeves to show my bandages.
"Suicide attempt. Been in hospital for two weeks. I'm anorexic too. I'm 17 kilos underweight." I explained. Jack didn't say anything but he instantly came over to me and hugged me tight.
"Never hurt yourself again. You're beautiful as you are." He whispered in my ear before letting me go.
"Get your guitar and play for us before you go please." Jack begged.
"It's on the third floor Jack." I replied.
"Use this then." Frank said holding his Epiphone Wiltshire phant-o-matic.  I took the guitar out of his hands and pulled the strap over my head. Mikey threw a lead at me and I caught it one handed before connecting it to my guitar. I played a couple of chords to get used to the instrument then going straight into the chord pattern for Missing You. Alex quickly caught on and began strumming along with me.
Jack soon followed as Alex began singing. Throughout the next few verses as everyone caught on Gee, Alex and I took turns with the lyrics. As we got to the end of the song the boys let me play the last verse alone with Alex singing. For a couple of minutes the boys were silent and stood still.
"You've got a little guitarist." Jack teased as he messed up Frank's hair who returned him with the finger.
"Gee what time is it?" I asked. Gerard looked at his phone.
"2:05." He answered. I nodded and plucked the strings of the guitar thinking that soon enough I'd be leaving them.