Chapter 26

Jade's POV
I woke up entangled in bed sheets with Frank nuzzled into my shoulder. I felt his bare skin on my legs but I had my pyjama tshirt and shorts on that I pulled back on before I fell asleep. My underwear were still laying on the floor next to Frank's towel. I felt slightly sweaty being stuck in his grasp. I pulled out of his grasp. I turned and looked at him. He was still asleep. Good. I picked up my underwear off the floor before quickly leaving the room. I pattered down the corridor to my room. My room door was slightly ajar but I didn't think much of it. I pushed it open and chucked my underwear in the hamper by the door. On my bed asleep was Mikey and Bandit like they had been there all night. Mikey was on top of the duvet half awake and Bandit was tucked up underneath fully asleep. I pattered into my bathroom and locked the door behind me. Everything was in a different place like it had been searched through. The cupboards were open slightly. I moved everything back to where it should be and reopened the door. Mikey stood there like he was about to knock. Bandit was still tucked underneath my duvet.
"What the hell are you doing in room?" I hissed. Mikey turned his head away.
"I knew you weren't sleeping in here tonight but Bandit wanted to sleep in here so I let her." Mikey obviously lied.
"Then why is everything in a different place?" I replied.
"Bandit did want to sleep in here but when she fell asleep I wanted to see if you were still okay." Mikey answered.
"Then believe the flipping clinic. I am okay. This is my business and I can do whatever the hell I want without you digging." I hissed. Mikey opened his mouth looking something to say.
"Get the hell out of my room. I wish I was never adopted by your brother." I said. Mikey looked at me and gave me puppy dog eyes.
"Get out." I spat. Mikey ran over to my bed, picked up Bandit and left my room quickly.
I went into my closet and closed the door behind me. The closest thing to me was one of Frank's hoodies so I grabbed that, a pair of leggings and some vans. I left my closet and chucked the clothes on my bed. I went back into my bathroom and brushed my mermaid hair. I quickly did a plait leaving my bangs out. I bit on my lip ring and left the bathroom. I turned off the bathroom light before quickly getting changed. I grabbed my skateboard and a snapback out of my wardrobe and left my room. I tucked my hair underneath my hat before leaving the house. There was a skatepark nearby that I had gone past multiple times over the past few months I had been here and it was nearly always empty apart from a couple of dudes who always seemed to be there. I put down my skateboard and put my headphones in before setting off in the direction of the park.
When I got there the park was empty yet, as always, there was six dudes sitting on the top of the tallest ramp with their boards. They didn't seem to notice me at first so I started off on some of the smaller ramps and the metal bars just doing some basic tricks. My sturdy old skateboard kept up with the pace. Soon enough the guys started to notice that I was there. I began doing harder and harder tricks. Eventually I landed a bullflip and the boys started whistling. I took off my snapback and shook down my plait and bangs from my head. I looked back and grinned whilst the boys sat there in awe. I made my way up to the top of their ramp and brought my board up.
"What's your name?" One of them asked.
"Jade Ember Way." I answered.
"Where the hell did you learn a bullflip?" The same one asked.
"When you've been in adoption centre for half your life you can learn some things." I answered again.
"I'm Alex. That's Brook, Liam, Robbie, Ezra and Ace. We're all like 18 and this is the best skate park around here so don't bother looking anywhere else." The boy said pointing at each one.
"I'm 16 and I live just around the corner from here. I'm on three day leave from my Mental Health Unit so you might not see my around and I'm going to be killed when my parents find out I'm here." I said.
"Which house?" Robbie asked.
"The biggest one down the end of Northwest avenue." I answered.
"The Ways adopted an anorexic kid?" Ace hissed.
"Shut up Ace. You're jealous that you aren't as talented as her." Brook hissed in reply. Ace shook his head and grinned.
"Why is it only ever you guys up here?" I asked.
"Most people round here are too posh and protective to let kids skateboard if they even have kids otherwise they're too famous or rich to be seen." Liam answered.
"How do you know the Ways live down here?" I asked.
"You know everyone down here once you move in. Ezra here lives two houses away from you and Robbie lives next to Ryan Ross and across the street from Brendon Urie. Your family has the biggest and most expensive house on the estate." Alex answered.
"Talking of the Ways, that's one of their cars." Liam pointed out. His head nodding towards Dad's black car. I pulled my SnapBack back on and tucked my hair back underneath. The car went past and didn't notice me at all.
"If they know I'm out here, my leave will be failed. I haven't had breakfast yet so I'm fucked." I said trying not to look at the car disappearing into the distance.
"Oh and I fucked my Dad's best mate last night so hopefully he doesn't know about that either." I added. As if it was unison the guys all turned their heads and stared at me jaws dropped.
"Little troublemaker." Ace muttered. Ray's car went passed and stopped outside the entrance to the skatepark.
"Fuck." I whispered. Mikey and Ray got out of the car. I turned my head away and looked behind me before leaning against the railings.
"Cover for me." I hissed to the boys.
"Have you guys seen a girl about 16?" Ray's familiar voice called up. The boys shouted back no as did I in the lowest voice I could muster. I looked down and saw Mikey whisper in Ray's ear. Then he pointed at me.
"Jade come on. You've got to come home. We're going to tell Gerard we've found you and we promise we won't tell the clinic." Mikey shouted.
"You will though." I shouted in reply as I swung my legs against the ramp. Ray let out an obvious loud sigh. Mikey gave me the death stare so I mounted my board and skated down to them.
"You guys know where to find me now." I shouted up to them. They nodded and laughed. I smiled up at them before Ray and Mikey marched me out of the park.
"You have so much to answer for Missy." Mikey whispered in my ear. I smiled and bit my lip. I was almost crazy enough to start laughing at his tone of voice.
"Like what Mikey?" I asked as I leant up against the car.
"Cause if I stepped out into the road, you can't get anything out of me." I hissed as I stood in front of him, toe to toe. Ray grabbed my arm and tried to pull me away. I turned around and hissed at him.
"She hasn't taken her meds." Mikey cast off. I turned back around and punched him straight on in the jaw before running out into the road. A black car came speeding down the road. I looked at it straight on and it didn't even try to swerve.