Chapter 12

Jade's POV
It was almost midnight and I was meant to be sleeping but I couldn't. Frank was in his room so I was lonely and I could hear Lyn-Z and Gerard arguing in the room below me and I knew it was about me. Frank's gentle snores couldn't be heard through the wall. I got out of my bed, grabbing my guitar on the way and quietly managed to get down to the garden.
The quietness was bliss. I sat down on the edge of the pool and put my guitar case next to me. I laid down on my back to stare up at the clear night sky as my feet moved around in the coldness of the pool. A few shooting stars brought small amounts of light into the sky.
"It's beautiful isn't it?" A voice piped up. I quickly sat up and looked behind me. Mikey and Ray were standing behind me.
"Bandit is up in Frank's room because Gerard and Lyn-Z are arguing again. We normally come out here until it dries up." Mikey explained. I nodded as they came and sat either side of me. Ray moved my guitar case to the other side of him.
"How long have you been out here?" Ray asked.
"10 minutes I think. I haven't slept. Until like half an hour ago I was putting my last things away." I answered.
"Bandit's scared isn't she?" I asked.
"She knows what to do when they argue. She goes to Frank. Never to us. Just Frank." Ray answered.
"So this is normal?" I asked.
"Every now and again. Maybe like once every couple of months." Mikey answered. I hung my head and swished my feet around in the water.
"I can't go back to school by the way." I added.
"Why?" Ray and Mikey asked simultaneously.
"I was moved up a year and then got my high school diploma a year early." I answered.
"What about college?" Ray asked.
"I don't want to go and they wouldn't accept me anyway. I want to go into music." I answered.
"You've got the right family then. You're a Way so you're pretty much there." Mikey said.
"You've got to introduce me to the fan base first." I replied.
"I like you kid." Ray said. I smiled and looked down at my feet.
"I went into Gerard's office earlier and I saw a picture of you,Gee and two girls and I wondered who they were." I said. Mikey looked at me cautiously.
"Snooping were we?" Mikey asked as he raised an eyebrow.
"No Frank didn't tell me what was in there and I was curious." I answered.
"I understand. Those two girls are my sisters. Beth died about 4 years ago. Spencer is recently married to a certain Andy Biersack. It's just me and Gee pretty much now. Spence got quite annoyed with Gee when we didn't tell her that he's got a wife and daughter." Mikey explained.
"She's over it now. We were allowed to the wedding and the twins have contact with Bandit." Ray said.
"You're going to meet them tomorrow. They live further down the estate." Mikey said.
"Who does they include?" I asked.
"Black Veil Brides, Spence and Matt and Eliza." Ray answered. I sighed before leaning my head on Mikey's shoulder.
"The stars are beautiful aren't they." I said as I looked back up at the sky. I yawned loudly.
"They sure are. You better be going to bed. I think Gee and Lyn-Z have stopped arguing." Mikey replied. Mikey picked me up and started carrying me towards the house.
"Ray put her guitar back in her room." Mikey shouted back. Ray replied with a loud audible sigh as I curled into Mikey's chest before falling asleep on the way back to my room.