Chapter 19

Gerard's POV
"Daddy, I went to find Jade and I couldn't find her but her bathroom is locked." Bandit said as she opened my office door.
"I'll find her in a minute Lady B. I'm sure she's just going to the toilet." I replied.
"But Daddy she's already dressed and has her makeup on and she's been in the bathroom half an hour. Her bedside table drawer was open too and a sketchbook like yours was in there with weird drawings and a note." Bandit complained. I looked at Bandit. She came closer.
"Bandit. Be truthful, what did the note say?" I asked. Bandit paused for a second and shrugged. I gave her a stern look but she shook her head.
"Bandit go find Mikey and tell to go to Jade's room but then go straight to Mommy and Daddy's room. Okay?" I ordered calmly. Bandit nodded and ran out of my office. I closed the door to my office and walked up to her room quickly. I brushed my hand through my hair. I opened the door to her room. The sketchbook was in a drawer. The bathroom fan was buzzing. Her phone laid on her chest of drawers. I headed to her bathroom door and knocked on it. No answer. I went to knock again just as Mikey came in.
"What's happened?" Mikey asked.
"Suicide. I'm 99% sure that she has.
Bandit came and found me." I answered.
"Let me try and open it." Mikey said in his low voice. I moved out the way as he raise his leg and kicked the door. It took a couple of attempts to open it. When it finally opened, it revealed Jade lying on the floor in a pool of blood. A black box sat on the edge of the pool and a sharp blade still in her grasp. I took the blade out of her hand and put it back in it's box as Mikey tried to stop her from bleeding out. I took her other wrist and pressed my hand down firmly.
"Call an ambulance Mikey." I demanded. I took her other wrist from Mikey as he pulled out his phone. Frank burst into the room just as the tears began rolling down my face. He spotted Jade lying lifeless. His jaw dropped and he quickly knelt down on one side of her. He took one of the wrists of my grasp. Frank looked at me gently.
"Who found her?" Frank asked all choked up.
"Bandit did. She came to ask where she was. I got worried when Bandit said she had found a note." I answered.
"Have you read it?" Mikey asked as he pulled the phone away from his ear. I shook my head.
"Is Bandit still with Lyn-Z?" I asked.
"Ray is with them in the recording room." Frank answered.
"I've told the ambulance people that we're on the top floor and the front door is open. They're going to be here any minute now." Mikey said as he shut off his phone.
"You can do this Jade. There's a fighter in there somewhere. This isn't the end." Frank whispered as he tucked her hair behind her ear gently before stroking her cheek.