Chapter 22

Jade's POV
I pulled my case into the boot of the car as I was trying to hold back my tears. I turned back to the others who lined up on the front patio. I walked over to them and started with Bandit who was tightly clutching Ray's hand. I knelt down on one knee and hugged her tightly.
"I'll be back soon Bandit. Be a good girl for me and come visit please." I said with a smile.
"Don't be too long. I'll make sure your room stays clean and I'll be good for everyone." Bandit promised as she let go. She smiled at me and looked at her feet. I got up and looked at Ray before giving him a little smile. He pulled me into a hug.
"You're gonna be okay. Your guitar will be looked after." Ray said when he let go. I nodded and smiled as I moved onto the All Time Low boys who were still here. Each in turn gave me a hug and said good luck and a goodbye. Next was Mikey who wasn't even looking at me. His fringe falling in front of his face. I took his fringe and tucked it behind his ear. He looked up at me and I returned his gaze with a small smile.
"I don't want you to go Jade." Mikey sniffed. He was on the verge of tears.
"People have to go through a lot to be happy Mikey. You know that." I smiled. Mikey nodded. I was just about to move on when Mikey pulled me into an extremely tight hug and began sobbing into my shoulder.
"I'll come back. I promise I will and I won't do anything stupid." I promised as I stroked his hair.
"You said that last time and now you're going away. I should have known better and protected you." Mikey sobbed.
"I'll come back. I won't be sick anymore when you see me again. I'll be strong and happy." I said. Mikey took a few seconds to let go. When I let go, he wiped away his tears. Lyn-Z stood next to Mikey trying not to cry.
"You'll be great honey. Gee and I will visit you as often as we can." She said as she pulled me into a hug. I let her go water a few seconds and smiled at her. Frank was last as Gee was waiting for me by the car. I instantly hugged him tightly and we both burst into tears.
"I'll do anything for you to stay but I can't." Frank cried. I rubbed his back as I cried into his collarbone.
"I gave Gerard a couple of my t-shirts and my favourite aftershave for you to take. I don't want you to feel alone." Frank said as he took my face in his hands and rubbed my cheeks. His eyes were sorrowful and unhappy but he took my hand and led me to the car anyway.
"Goodbye Frank." I cried.
"Goodbye Doll." He replied as he opened the door for. I got in and the door closed behind me. Gerard got in the car next to me with a back pack in this hand. Gerard smiled at me as he started the car. I took one last look at the house and thought "what if I don't ever come back?" before Gerard and I disappeared through the gate.
-
Gerard gave me the back pack as we pulled into the car park of the clinic. I slowly got out of the car and swung the backpack on. Gerard got my suitcase out of the boot, took my hand and dragged me towards the clinic as I was extremely hesitant. The automatic doors opened in front of me. Inside was  a reception which was completely empty. Gerard dragged me to the desk and pressed the service button. A friendly woman walked out of the side door which led to a corridor.
"Jade Way?" She asked. I nodded shyly.
"I'm Ellen. I'm one of the nurses here. I'll show you and your guardian to your room to unpack and say your goodbyes." She said sweetly. She opened the door and led us down the corridor. Kids sat in corners alone or in the common room laughing. Soon enough she came to a door and unlocked it to a room similar to the one in the adoption centre. This time I'd be on my own. Again.
"I'll leave you too unpack. Dinner is from 5:00-7:30 so the rush will be in a couple of minutes." Ellen said before closing the door behind Gerard. I burst into tears again. Gerard pulled me into a hug.
"You're strong enough to do this without us. You've got to fight the fear of living." Gerard said before he kissed my forehead. His chin rested on top of my head.
"I'll try Dad. I promise." I replied.
"Dad?" Gerard asked.
"I guess you are now. That's how I've got to remember you." I answered, knowing that I might not see him for a long time.